𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱 | 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧

zayn - dRuNk

one direction - through the dark 

ricky rosen - dim the lights

𝙏𝙒: 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙝𝙤𝙡, 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚

"Miss Hill, please accept my sincerest apologies, but there are complications about setting a charity you want to represent. Considering those problems, Commission puts our application on hold till we figure everything out," the calm voice of the lawyer, we've been working with, touches my ear.

"God," I sigh rubbing the bridge of my nose, "did they mention in the correspondence exactly which part is problematic?" However, I've already acknowledged what the issue is and what has caused it. I wasn't fond of this idea, but circumstances are hinting that we need to play detectives

"Unfortunately, not, but I need some time to check by myself," the sound of rustling through the papers accompanies the female voice. "I'll reach out as soon as I find it. Vivian, just don't worry, we'll figure everything out."   

"Thanks for your help, Mrs Davies. It means a lot," I speak truthfully. "Have a nice day," I end the call throwing my phone on the coffee table. The desperate groan slips off my mouth and I bury my face in my hands.

For the last few weeks, we've been working hard on setting a charity, even though requirements seem to be easy enough to fulfill, it's hard. All the weight of responsibilities is put on my shoulders, and I have no right to complain since it was my idea. I couldn't allow Connor to divide his attention between his wedding, which requires in full measure, and all this paperwork. I managed to share all the bureaucracy about charity with our lawyer, and it's the best decision so far, however it doesn't seem to be all rainbows and butterflies.

It has been a month since we came to the lake house, and from the bottom of my heart, I wish I could come back in time. I curse at myself for all the initiatives I come up with because at the end of the day I'm required to control all I have created.

Being torn apart between radio, charity and my personal life is draining the energy out of my body. Honestly, I can work as one of the managers of the station, because some extremely intelligent person whispered in the ear of our CEO's and management team that since I'm hosting a radio show about young and ambitious artists, I should be the one who makes the guest list. To my daily to-do list added a point about organizing a murder because this isn't funny anymore.

The notes about the level of my sarcasm these days are attached.

Besides, since Connor took a week off, I'm hosting our part of the broadcast with Austin, and I'm grateful for his help to the end of my life. His vibe, full of chill and joy, is seemed to be liked by our listeners, my mum can be proof of it.

"Oh honey, I'm so glad that you picked up," my mum's voice comes to my ears as soon as I take a call. It's been a minute since I turned off my microphone and sighed with relief.

"Wait for a second, I need something to drink, there's a drought in my mouth," I say and a bottle of water appears in front of me. I look through my shoulder seeing Ashley who is my savior these days. "You're a treasure, thank you", I mouth her receiving her usual smile as a response. 

"I know that you're an extremely busy young lady now, considering today's articles about you, but I wanted to say that morning show was absolutely amazing," she blabbers making a chuckle escape off my lips.