60

Dracos Pov

"Ahh Draco," A death eater emerged from a nearby hallway, looking pleased as he tapped his hands together, "This is the girl that the Dark Lord wants correct?" He pointed his wand at Waverly. "Isn't it?"

I looked at her. She was covered in dirt, and she wouldn't even look at me. Her eyes were glued to the ground.

"Draco," My Father stepped out from the darkness, and wrapped his robes around his waist, then he looked at Waverly, only just noticing she was there, "Ah good job son," He nodded, "I knew you'd come around."

Waverlys eyes widened, and she flicked her head up at me looking exhausted. "You're on their side?" She sighed and shook her head.

I couldn't even respond to her, not in-front of my dad.

"Lucky for her," A death eater growled, "She has some time left."

"Why's that?" My dad snapped.

"Master wants Harry Potter aswell," He said, "We were really expecting him to be there aswell. That's what the informant said."

"Master?" Waverly said Weakly, "What are you? A house elf?"

"For gods sake Waverly, don't you know when to shutup?" I spat.

She looked at me with dreary eyes, "Fuck you."

I watched as my fathers lip curled into a smile, clearly happy with the arguing between us, "Nevermind that," He turned to the death eater, "How did you not catch Potter,"

"The boy is still on the run," The death eater walked over to Waverly and looked at her in the face, "The girl was alone,"

If that was right, did that mean she had been all by herself this entire time?
I don't get why she's so mad at me? She cant possibly think that I gave her away right? She doesn't think I told my father where she was? I didn't even know.

It was situations like this, that made realise how much I took the time with her for granted.
The situations where she would be right in front of me, but I wouldn't be able to say what I wanted to say, or tell her everything I wanted to tell her.

I promised her I would never read her mind again, I know.
But this is an exception.

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

My head felt fuzzy. And like I was about to collapse.
Did Malfoy give me away?

I thought back to Dumbledores office.
Pushing Harry behind the desk, Hermione and Ron curled up behind him.
I shook my head.
How?
Did Ron say Voldemort's name so he could be tracked through the necklace?
I don't think so.

My legs buckled beneath me, I didn't know whether it was from exhaustion or from anger.

The only logical answer in my head was that Malfoy had betrayed me.

I love him so much, that I felt like I forgot what my friends told me in the beginning. He's a Malfoy, his family is working with the Dark Lord.
Even after everything that happened between us, that doesn't change the fact that he's from the Malfoy family.
An elitist Slytherin pureblood family.

I love him, but did he really love me enough to pick me over all of that? Over all of his family.

Draco Malfoys Pov

Yes.

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

Of course not.
How stupid could I get?
I felt tears swell in my eyes.
I'm such a fucking idiot.