33

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

I had pretty much made it to the Hufflepuff common room, but before I could turn the last corner, I felt something brush against my arm. Then, something dropped onto the ground, I picked up a tiny black velvet bag.

I spun around and I saw the back end of somebody's robes turning the corner, and I heard their footsteps heading away from me. "Excuse me!" I called out, "You dropped something!" But they didn't turn around.

I ran up the stairs after them, but they seemed to be walking faster and faster, and get more out of reach as I followed them. "Hello?!" I called out again, "You dropped this bag!"

Then, they stopped as they had come to a dead end. I tried to catch my breath, "You.. dropped this." I held the bag up. They turned around, and unfortunately for me, it was Astoria Greengrass.

"... Uh? You dropped this," I said and threw the bag to her, before turning around to leave. After all that, she wasn't even worth chasing after to return that bag too.

"Hold on, don't leave yet," She said in a low voice, "There's someone who wants to talk to you,"

I turned back around the face her, "Who-?" Thats when I noticed, Braylen Lestrange was now standing beside her with a grin on his face.

"How have you been Waves?"

I reached my hand into my pocket, and pulled out my wand.

He laughed, "Calm down. No need to get aggressive. I was just wondering if perhaps you were interested in making a little deal with me," He walked up to me and placed his finger on the end of my wand, before pointing it downwards.

"No," I frowned at him. Although my words came out confident, I was anything but and I'm sure he could feel my hand and wand trembling in his presence.

"Think about it," He said lightly, and ran his hand up the side of my neck, "Just let me kill you... I mean really, when it all comes down to it YOU are the problem, so if we just erase-"

"Petrificus Totalus!"

Then, Braylen froze. His hands snapped to his side and fell to the ground, stiff as a board.

Then, Penelope grabbed my arm and pulled me back. She shot a mean glare at Astoria, "Gr." She growled, at Astoria. Astoria flinched backwards. Then, Penelope laughed, "Pathetic." She let go of my hand, before walking away.

I stood for a moment and looked at Braylen on the ground, then back at Astoria before turning and running quickly after Penelope. "How long is he going to stay like that?"

She didn't even look at me, "Don't care."

"Okay..." I said nervously, she was quite intimidating, "Uh- thank you,"

"Why?" She said, again never looking at me as she continued walking, and I followed behind her.

"For helping me-"

"Yeah? Well I didn't do it for you." She gritted before turning a corner. "It was for Reagan."

She was a pleasure wasn't she.
I already didn't want to go to the Hufflepuff dorms because of Jade, but now I also had Penelope to worry about. Who obviously didn't like me for whatever reason.

I dragged myself up to the Gryffindor common room, and tried to open Arlo, Fred and George's door, but appearantly they were already asleep and didn't answer. "God my life sucks." I mumbled to myself as I slammed myself down onto the sofa.