48

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

Feeling dazed and tired, I looked up at Draco, 'Well? How is that any different?'

It was obvious he was trying to mask his hurt by looking annoyed, 'I didn't tell you not talk to me because I don't care Waves,'

'Yeah?' I tilted my head with drunk confidence, 'It sure felt like it,'

Then, I heard gasps.

SMACK.

I spun my head, and watched as Pansy and Jade came tumbling out of the painting, almost as if they had been eavesdropping on our conversation from behind the secret door, and had stumbled over.
They looked up to us guiltily.

'...Fancy seeing y'all here...' Jade gave an incriminating smile.

Draco and I had mirrored expressions as we looked down at the two girls with unamused frowns.

They dusted themselves off as they hurried to their feet and nervously grinned at us, Jade grabbed Pansy's arm, 'We will be heading off now.' Her words slurred.

Draco turned back to me, 'I didn't mean to-'

POP.

'SHES PUT A HOLE IN ME!' An elderly woman's voice shrieked.

Draco and I turned back to the source of the sound, obviously it was Jade and Pansy.
Jade and Pansy, who were looking quite a bit more sober now, stared at eachother with wide, shocked eyes, as Pansy's hand was wrist deep into the bottom of a portrait on the wall.

The woman in the portrait, who was wearing what looked to be a night gown and hair curlers in her hair, was hysterically sobbing and screaming.

'Shhh! Please! I'm so sorry' Pansy begged.

'You idiot,' Jade frowned at her, before yanking her hand out of the painting.

'I slipped,' Pansy looked up at me and Draco, her eyes teary, she looked at Draco, 'Is this considered assault? Can I go to Azkaban?'

Draco rolled his eyes, 'For gods sake,'
He grabbed my arm, and walked down the stairs towards the girls and walking passed them, 'Come on,'

I heard the pitter-patter of the girls footsteps eagerly following Draco and I down into the dungeons. I was so out of it, that it hadn't even occurred to me that Draco and I were just arguing, and we stopped to come down here. As the realisation hit me, I came to a stand still in the middle of the hallway, just steps away from the Slytherin common room door.

Pansy and Jade walked straight passed us, and continued inside the common room.

Draco turned to me with a puzzled look, 'What?'

'We haven't finished our conversation,'

'Is there a reason we have to have this conversation in the middle of the hallway?'

I rolled my eyes and walked up the secret passage way to the common room, 'Open,'

'That not the place-'

'No,' I said, still looking at the wall, 'I know that's not the password. I'm talking to you. Open,'

'Yeah... I know...' He tapped me on the shoulder, and pointed at the wall parallel, 'It's that wall...'