55

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

I folded the last of my clothes and packed them neatly into my trunk. This is the last Summer I'm going to have as a Hogwarts student. It's crazy to think how much has changed since last Summer. This time last year, my Grandma, Draco and I were all spending time at her house, but this year my grandma is dead and Draco's family is responsible for her death.

I latched my trunk closed and heaved it off the bed.

Am I partially to blame for my grandmas death?
I stood in place and zoned out as it dawned on me.
The Malfoys would of had no idea where my Grandma lived if I wasn't such an idiot and just invited Braylen to our house.

"Hello, snap out of it," Hannah waved her hand in front of my face, "If you stand there like that any longer, it'll be the end of Summer break,"

I gave her a soft smile, "Sorry,"

Susan sat on the floor sorting through different things, "You're staying with the Weasleys right? Are you staying for the whole break?"

"Yeah, I'm staying with them but I don't know for how long,"

"Stay safe," Hannah said, "Isnt their older brother working for the Ministry,"

"Percy? The Gryffindor prefect from like two years ago?" Susan added, "I never liked him, he was always so pushy,"

I shrugged, "I'm sure it'll be fine. Besides, he's only one of nine people that live there. I doubt I'll even see him."

Susan got up off the ground, "Do you think Draco would like you staying with them? I mean, there's only two other girls in the whole family."

"Well, I suppose he'd have a say if he was actually here. Besides, would he rather me stay with people who actually care about me, or does he just want me to stay by myself in a cottage where the Deatheaters know where I live?"

"You're right." Hannah nodded, "Surely he'd want you to be safe. Even if it is with seven boys,"

Then, we heard three knocks from the door.

"Come in?" I yelled.

Professor Sprout opened the door, wearing her muddy apron and a pointed hat. "You girls ready? Everyone else is already on their way to the train-station.

We all nodded and Professor Sprout escorted us out of the common room and down to the Great Hall, where Ron, Fred, George and Ginny Weasley were all standing together waiting for me. Ron and George were holding their trunks and Fred was holding his and Ginnys. "About bloody time," Ron pretended to be mad.

"Sorry, sorry," I said as I approached them.

"We'll see you after break!" Hannah and Susan yelled as they continued to walk to the train.

"I'll take that," George plucked my trunk full of things out of my hand, and walked passed me.

Ron started doing a weird little jog, "Come on guys, we need to get a booth on the train and order some candy before all the good stuffs taken!"

"Hold on," Ginny frowned, "Harry's not here yet,"

"Harry's staying with you guys too?" I asked.