Crossing the Bridge of Time

Written by Erica

Prolouge~

I've never really had a best friend. 

That is until Aiden came to Ettyfield. Ettyfield wasn't one of those places that you randomly move to. In my opinion I wished I lived somewhere more exciting, like California or at least on the coast somewhere. But no, I was stuck in Idaho. And I'm pretty sure that ninety percent of teenagers don't even know where Idaho is on the map.

I was never one of those people to have close friends, or many friends at all. But when Aiden came to school that rainy Monday morning, I knew that was going to change. 

She was in all of my classes up until lunch. Including band. No one signed up for band, just the socially awkward, and well, me. I play the oboe and strangely, so did Aiden. When it was time for lunch, I was shoving my music binder into my locker when I caught Bryce staring at me. I  turned the other way to hide the blush creeping across my cheeks. 

You see, Bryce and I have a history, not as in boyfriend girlfriend history, as in known eachother since kindergarten history. I never really liked him, but still caught myself blushing when he looked my way.

All of a sudden the view of my messy locker turned sideways and I hit the ground with a loud thump. 

" Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I did't see you and sorry by the way!" A girl with clear green eyes, that reminded me of my own, offered her hand to help me up. I took her hand and she hoisted me up. As my eyes met her's, I knew Aiden and I were either going to become great friends, or  never talk to each other again.

Friends seemed like the better option.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This was just the prolouge, drop a comment about what you think, errors, ideas, and sorry if I offended someone who was in in band! kam is going to be writing the next real chapter! Picture of Thalia on side, just imagine her hair is more brown than red!