Chapter Twenty Four

I stared at the rose for a long moment. It was the only thing that kept my sanity while I lived inside of these depressing walls. Then, Krimla and I walked down the hall and towards the kitchen. The holograms of the walls were lit and they usually changed in form. I looked at them and felt homesick. It was unavoidable when everything here was so different and alien. It was all beautiful, I admit, but it was not natural to me. I just wanted to see green leaves and blue skies. I wanted to eat a real apple and maybe even see an annoying chicken for a change. Yes, I was most definitely homesick.

We arrived at the front of the kitchen. Krimla opened the door for me. I stared into her dark eyes and wondered about the conversation she had in this same kitchen and why was it such a secret? She smiled at me. All I could do was smile back at the moment. I realized who cared what she was talking about with some guy I hardly knew as long as it didn't affect me. I wasn't going to stay in this place anyway. I was tired of all of the drama. I didn't understand why I was a guest in this castle or a captive or whatever I was. I was tired of it. I just wanted to find a way to go back to my planet even if my family was gone. It was still terrible for me, but at least on Earth I could somehow start over.

I walked in as the colorful creatures swam around the walls of the kitchen. Most of them had squid or octopus' characteristics or were lizard like. None of them looked like true fish and although they were very beautiful I just wanted to see a fish for a change.

"Good morning," the prince said. I looked at him awed. He seemed different today.

"Good morning," I replied.

"I hope you like your breakfast," he said. I nodded senseless and walked towards the table. My eyes popped wide open when I saw the table I could hardly believe it. My jaw dropped and I smiled.

"But how?" I asked surprised.

"It wasn't my idea, it was Rox," the prince said. In front of me I had scrambled eggs with green peppers, tomatoes and onions, sausages, toast and slices of apples on another plate. Instead of the strange silverware I saw a true authentic fork and in a glass beside it there was an orange liquid that looked like orange juice. I was so shocked that I had to actually go to the cup and smell it to see if it was true. Then I gulped a few and realized it was true. A bouquet of roses was in the center of the table. I could hardly believe it.

"Well, if you don't like it I can take it back," the prince said.

"No," I replied and I sat down. The took the first bite. My God I was in heaven. I never thought I'd eat any Earthly food ever again and this was just too amazing. I enjoyed every single moment of it.

"Mmm," I mumbled as I chewed and sniffed the food.

"I'm glad you like it," The prince said.

"Thank you," I replied with my mouth half full. The prince walked towards a chair that was next to me and he sat down. He stared at me as I ate and suddenly I felt guilty.

"Would you like to taste it?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No," he replied.

"Are you sure? Really?"

"No thank you. I already ate," he said and then he put his hands together and placed them under his chin. I tried to eat slowly, but I was too excited and I sincerely forgot about my manners.

"You look very beautiful today Anabella," the prince said. I swallowed some of the tomato and onion I had in my mouth.

"Thank you," I said.

"Anabella, what would you do if I told you that I cleared my schedule today?" He asked. At first the question shocked me and I really had to think hard about an answer before I gave it to him. I wasn't really certain of his intentions with me.