Chapter Forty-Two

I woke up the next day with much enthusiasm. The birds were chirping, the sky was brilliant purple and the sun was deliciously warm. I was so happy to know that I was going back to Earth. I was not only going back to Earth, but I was traveling through time, something that seemed impossible had not only turned into a possibility but into an actual fact. I was going to see my dad and my brother. I wondered if I should go see them before or after I left. It would be strange to see myself with them though. I would have to discuss this with Brok who-

Knock, knock.

"Yes?"

"Good morning, beautiful!" Brok said.

"Brok?" I said and smiled. I got up from my bed and I was still in my Pj's, but I was nevertheless too happy to care about my appearance. I ran to the door, pounded on a few buttons and the door slid open. Brok had a smile on his face and a rose in his hand. He stretched out the rose for me.

"This is for you, beautiful."

"Thank you," I replied snatching the rose. I sniffed its deliciously delicate scent and stared at my fiancé. He was dressed in loosely casual clothing, dark pants and a white short-sleeved shirt.

"You look nice," I said.

"I do not believe you."

"But it's true, that shirt accentuates your arms," I said. Brok smiled and his cheeks turned purple.

"Are you... blushing?" I asked.

"No," he replied bluntly. I laughed. Brok, however didn't laugh with me today. He wasn't angry, but he seemed more serene than other days. I hoped he was alright.

"Anabella, I will be waiting for you in the garden today, since you will be abandoning me," Brok said.

"Would you relax, it's not like I'm leaving forever," I said. Brok didn't respond. He sighed and I wondered if he was weary or sad. He was probably feeling a little melancholic since I was leaving so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed his cheek in the hopes that my little gesture would cheer him up a bit.

"Sure," Brok grumbled.

"I love you," I insisted, but Brok merely smiled back at me. He only smirked at me although he did nod. However, he dropped my hands to the sides of my hips and I seemed to be totally powerless under his burden. I stared back into his face hoping that he would kiss me in return, but instead he moved his face from me and then turned his body altogether and walked away from me. Why would he do that? I wondered.

"Brok?"

"I am happy that you like the rose," he said.

"Of course, I do," I responded quickly.

"And the rose garden," he said. I nodded.

"But you know what I like the most?" I told him.

"What?" He asked as he walked nearby the door. The door made a swoosh sound and slid up.

"You," I replied. He turned to face me.

"Okay," he said simply.

"Okay? Just okay?" I asked. He ignored my remarks.

"I'll have breakfast made for you. What would you like to eat?"

"I don't know... an omelet with the usual things that I like," I said. Brok nodded, turned and left. The door slid back down. I thought it was strange of Brok to not react with joy after I told him that I liked him the most. He seemed a bit joyful when he gave me the rose. Did something change? Maybe he was suffering from one of his mood swings, that or he was truly trying to guilt trip me with this time travelling trip, but I wasn't going to change my mind. I loved him. I loved him more than I could ever love anyone else, but I had a right to go back to see my planet. After all I was entitled to see my family and I would do just that. I changed into some casual jeans and t-shirt. I figured it was going to be a long trip and although I would probably sleep all the way through it anyway I wanted to be as nice looking yet as comfortable as possible. Black was going to be today's colors. It didn't mean at all that I was sad, I just wanted to look as ordinary as possible. After I dressed I went downstairs with a smile on my face. Strangely as I trotted down the steps I found myself with Krimla who was dusting the holographic screens laughing and singing things I didn't understand. Today she was not dressed in her usual boring attire of black, today she had on a blue sapphire dress with white lacing I was almost in shock to see how content she was, it was almost unreal, unnatural even to see her in such a state. I almost tripped, but she was so far gone she didn't seem to notice me. After I arrived to the first floor I stood there and observed her. She just seemed to be somewhere else.