Chapter Twenty Eight

We contemplated the view of the castle, the forests and the bird creatures that flew in the purple sky and we did it for quite a while. It was strange to see a purple sky. I didn't know if I'd ever get used to it. With all of its crazy flaws, contaminated air and busy streets I seriously missed the city of Chicago. If thousands of years had already passed on Earth as I arrived here on Sha I wondered how it looked like today. Were humans finally able to get rid of the contamination of the world? Were robots now the new waitresses and security guards? Did I have any descendants from my brother's side? I was certainly curious about it.

"What are you thinking about?" Brok asked.

"I'm thinking about Earth. I'm wondering how it is today," I said.

"Oh. I thought you were enjoying this moment?" He asked.

"Yes, I am." I nodded.

"Good. However, I am growing bored. I would like to do something else," Brok said and got up from the ground. It was another subject that he was avoiding and for the moment I chose to follow, but I knew that this subject would come up again sometime soon. I would talk to him about it again at the right time.

"Like what?" I asked. Brok extended his hands to help me up. I grabbed them and got up as he pulled me. Then I wiped my skirt a bit and stretched. Brok seemed as joyful as a child. It was both strange and refreshing.

"I do not know. Tell me Anabella, what did you enjoy to do on Earth? Have you any hobbies?" He asked me. I was thrilled about the question, but I didn't have too much hope. I hadn't seen any books here on Sha.

"I loved to read," I replied.

"Read? But is that not an individual activity?" Brok asked me with a lifted brow.

"Yes... you're right," I replied. Brok crossed his arms for a moment and stared at me. I wondered what he was thinking, but he was seriously too alien for me to guess.

"What about games? Did you play games on Earth?" Brok asked. I laughed with disbelief.

"Games? I haven't played a game in ages. I used to play when I was a girl."

"What games did you play?"

"I don't know," I answered embarrassed.

"You don't know?"

"Well... I used to play with dolls."

"Dolls? What are the rules of that game?" Brok asked me.

"There really are no rules. I used to play imitating my mother. I used to be the mother of the doll or had tea with it."

"Tea?"

"It's a drink. I thought you knew everything about my world," I replied.

"I know enough, but not everything. Anyway, that game does not interest me. Tell me now, what games do you play as an adult?" He asked me.

"Are you kidding? I don't play games anymore. I rarely have time for that," I replied.

"You play no games? Certainly, you must get bored."

"Not with the two-part time jobs I have... I mean had. I rarely had time for myself," I mumbled out loud.

"Well that is no longer your situation. Let us play a game. I will teach you. Come," Brok said. I followed him down the stone steps. Again, I was confronted with the view of the mountains and the sea of Sha. They were absolutely breathtaking with colors of red and yellow. The trees looked like the dry ones on Earth with huge yellow spikes like leaves. The large tree that attached the islands above was simply overwhelming. I could see the constellation from where I was and the anchored space ships that floated on the air. I held on to the handles as I walked down. My feet were smeared with dry mud, but Brok didn't seem to mind.