Chapter 16: Nearing to Victory

Now that the job is almost done, all it takes is one more miracle to complete the mission. Would it?

The three teams had finally done their sabotaging, spare for Heart, who still was on the vents and had done her role properly, and now, they're all in a massively flooded futuristic town with two teams now being pursued by smaller, oval-shaped enemy ships.

Ken was still driving his vehicle along with Vinicius and Peter, driving in loops and curves to avoid enemy fire. Sandra, still clung along with Karen, Rex and Momo, was still avoiding the flying ships the same way.

When things went intense at some point, both teams suddenly knew what to do with their pursuers, having enough.

As he kept driving, Ken zoomed on above the buildings to avoid the shots beamed at them, redirecting one of them to a nearby neon billboard and crashing it to pieces upon impact.

Satisfied at his first try, Ken hollered a little. "Take that, you creep!"

He then made a sharp dive onto a few feet above the flood, diverting two more to a nearby alley and into a grilled gate on the right side.

The passengers warned him to be careful, but Ken knew what to do, now moving straight and precisely through the open space. Luckily for them, it fits through the hole, but one oval ship, being too big to fit, crashed the same, with another behind it meeting the same fate.

It soon went on for Ken to fly away from the other pursuing ships. He now watched as Sandra's team went to handle the others.

"Well, that's some awesome driving you got there, Ken!" Vinicius praised him. "I'm thrilled!"

"My countrymen appreciate your driving skills, comrade, if I said opinion honestly," Peter added.

Ken's cheeks went salmon pink with awe. "Awh, thanks... Guess so?"

He then diverted his attention to his driving. "Sure, everyone will be proud to know I can drive a car now," he said to himself.

Meanwhile, Sandra still clutched tight at her favorite hero, still flying around the buildings while avoiding the laser shots. All that stunt flying for too long made her a bit dizzy, but she didn't mind.

"Oh man," she then said. "I'm tired of those hooligans now. Someone do some attacking or something...?"

"Knew you were," Rex smiled, looking proud to attack again. "Karen, mind you hold her right now?"

"What?" Sandra asked, but hesitated when she's being lifted off telekinetically and into Karen's arms.

Luckily for Karen, her new bionic strength really helped Sandra to clutch tighter. "Hold tight, miss, don't let go!" she told her.

Now free to attack in mid-air, Rex charged hard, yelling while summoning two futuristic plasma swords on both his hands.

He then sliced at two flying ships cleanly like bread, which exploded behind him when finished. Proud that he did so, he repeated his move on four more ships.

Clouds of explosions still loomed, blinding more of the ovals and cause two more to crash suddenly with each other.

He then went to where his team was, now grabbing Sandra back onto his back again. "Karen, Momo, your turn!"

"Much obliged!" she smiled pridely, now flying away to attack.

Momo-Bot jumped off her back just as she started making a hard karate kick on a ship's window, anihilated the pilot inside and cause the vehicle to collapse before flying away.

Another ship went to try and stop her, yet, she did the same trick on it and malfunction the ship down to the flood below.

As she did, Momo went to charge onto one of the ships that pursued after Ken's team, turning into a drill and spin-dive through the inside like a bullet through a normal peach.