Chapter 10: The House-Ship Take-off

Over the atmosphere and through the vacuum of space, to the alien mob's spaceship we all go.

Sandra felt as guilty as the withering peach blossoms above, just as the Heroes began going into arguments about the enemy that's about to invade Earth, just after she announced it to them out loud.

Even Phoenix was trying hard to restore order to the chaotic situation, but Eztrelle, still calm as usual, only slurped her soup and said nothing. Surely enough for her to know about her laid-back attitude.

It kept on going, Ken even covering his ears from the stress of it all, until the witch whistled sharply again to quiet them down.

"What a crazy assembly, arguing over nothing. Let the messenger speak," she told them calmly. "You just made me ruin my soup."

"Thank you, Eztrelle," Phoenix gratefully accepted. "I know it sounds complicated, but unless we do something to stop them, it'll be too late to do it."

"Yeah, and I know this one before," Heart told them. "Whenever there's a crisis once on a Skeld ship while we're aboard on another, we just intercept them and escape without harm."

"...you mean, we have to intervene the criminals from invading?" Karen replied. "Sounds likely. Perhaps we'll just fill up the details on the way."

"Gladly, though this confuses me," Elvie asked Phoenix, stressed out. "Any chance you know those pikeys who's about to blow up our Old Earth to shambles?"

"To fight without knowing your opponent is to fight with nothing at all," RK quoted.

"It's too difficult to tell, but I'll say what I can. They're all human in appearance, though most of them were wearing gray spacesuits. But not just that; they are strictly single-planed, limited on their spirituality that their forced beliefs made them believe they're much superior than our unique diversity."

"Atrocious!" Karen and RK shouted together, then turned to each other upon realizing, they did agree on something.

Elvie began napping a little, but Heart knew what to say anyhow. "I guess they're smart enough in advanced technology and every factual truth they believed in."

"And to think of it," Momo-Bot added, "they didn't even have any information about magic, superstition or supernatural beliefs."

"Yeah, all that," Ken went in, "but I don't know if magic and magical weaponry will do good against space weapons and stuff."

Sandra, refusing Ken's negativity, sat next to him confidently. "Come on, Ken, movies had taught us that even single individuals will win the war and save the world! Only if they hadn't let the villain get away in the end."

"... except the guys here are all from your open-minded storyteller mind!" he shouted. "No offense, you just chose those guys yourself."

"You think, bud? Some are borrowed from other creators, credits to them for that. Vinicius and EJ here weren't mine, and Heart was just an Among Us fanfic OC I'd made!"

"...it's true," the yellow mascot admitted.

"I got it now, thanks," Ken accepted. "And sorry if I'm being too hard on you."

"Yeah, no problem, Ken."

"Uh, pardon, lads, but pray tell, how are we going to that blasted ship up yonder in deep space?" Elvie asked, now up and alert. "No one here even have any vehicles to use."

"I do have my car, but it's only limited for intercontinental, not space, flight," RK told them. "Still working on it."

The Heroes then went into sudden discussion again, but Sandra had a lit bulb already popped up.