Chapter 37 - Truth?

Silas Quinton

I looked at Tallia and Lisa. I want more explanation from them and I know what the police said was not that clear because they only read Lisa's diary briefly. I wanted know whay exactly happened to my wife until they decided to kidnapped her.

"Can you at least explain? You almost kill me and my wife." I said to the both of them and none of them want to talk.

"TELL ME!" I screamed at them completely angry and can't control myself anymore.

"I'm sorry, Silas."

"Tell me.." I said and Tallia let out a long sigh.

"4 years ago, Simon and Evangeline were partners. They joined their forces to make a new jewelry line called Emerald. Evangeline is smart, she told Simon that she doesn't want to connect Mayford with Emerald which that was Simon's goal in the first place."

"Evangeline and Simon began dating and it was not a good one. He used her to get a lot of things to benefit him and Emerald. She was stupid despite her skills in business maybe she was blinded by Simon's quote on quote love." Tallia looked down.

"Continue.. I want to hear everything." I said.

"You can continue." Tallia turned to Lisa.

"I don't want to.." Lisa said and Tallia glared at her.

"Continue it, Tallia." I hissed.

"Simon cheated on Evangeline with me. She knew about it and started to change. She was a whole new person, demanding, crazy, possessive and become this bitchy girl." Tallia said and I gestured her to keep going.

"Then Emerald starting to fall apart. It's starting to go down. Simon lost a lot of money and he started blaming Evangeline for it. He started blackmailing her, bullying her by sending girls since she has a restraining order against him."

"Bullying her did not give him the result that he wanted. Then she just shut him up with money. He was not satisfied with the amount of money that she gave. He wanted more."  Tallia turned to Lisa and sighed.

"These past few months, she stopped giving him money thinking that he's in jail. He asked for it by sending Lisa and other girls but she didn't budge. She completely ignored her. Lisa took Logan from her, still she won't budge."

"And it turns out you fell in love with Logan." I turned to Lisa and she looked away.

"The reason why Evangeline wants to be with Logan is.. that Simon is not fond of Logan. I don't know if you knew but.. Logan has ties with a man called Tyron. Simon is basically scared of Tyron and not wanting to do with him. Eva thinks that sticking with Logan means she can be safe but Logan has zero interest." Shit. I guess everything has a reason then. She did all of these things because she has a reason.

"Who is Tyron?"

"Drug lord." What?

"Just ask Logan later." She hissed and I gestured her to continue."

"Then Simon got out of jail. He wanted more money from her. He was not thinking fast about it that's why we got caught. He was impulsive, he wanted everything to get done fast."

"You should ask her why she married you instead.." Lisa smirked and I let out a long sigh.

"That would be interesting, you should ask her." Tallia smirked.

"I never knew you would turn into someone like this, Tallia." I said.

"I guess I fell in love with the wrong man." She said like it was nothing.

"I will talk to you guys again tomorrow." I said and the police opened the door for me. Angel was sitting outside looking at the walls blankly. I sat next to her and hed her hand. She turned to me and she looked so exhausted.

She got a lot of bruises on her face and a black eye after what happened. She didn't even talk a lot during everything.

I don't want to ask her all the questions that I have right now because I want her to heal properly and have her tell me the truth. Or maybe it's better for me not to know what's going on inside her mind.

I don't want my feelings to change, I rather have her lie to me or not tell me anything.

"Mr. and Mrs. Quinton, we would like to ask you a couple of things. Please follow us." I got up and pulled Angels hand so she can get up. She let my hand go and walked following the police officer.

The police started to ask us questions and Angel answered exactly like what Tallia told me. I know there's a lot of layers to this story and I don't think I want to heat it from other people. I want to hear it from her.

When the police left us alone, I turned to her.

"I don't want to force you to say all of it to me. It's all up to you but I just want you to know one thing." I said and she slowly turned to me. I looked straight into her eyes.

"I will believe you. I will always believe. Either you lie to me or you don't want to tell me.. everything that comes out from your mouth, I will believe it."

"Silas, I-"

"I know you have your own reasons and I'm not blaiming you for it. I just want to understand you and help you get better. I know you're not a bad person, it's just happened you to be in the wrong place with the wrong person."

"Silas, you don't understand.."

"I'm here by your side." I smiled and gave her a peck on the lips.