Chapter 30 - The Talk

Silas Quinton

Just like I thought, she still sick. I made her a hot chocolate as we watch Sweet Home in Netflix. I sat beside her and sipped her hot chocolate slowly.

"How come you don't have a girlfriend when you're this successful?" She asked all of the sudden and I turned to her.

"I broke up with her 2 years ago and I don't really want a relationship to be honest."

"Yet you jumped into marriage." She turned to me and I nodded.

"I'm not the type who would date around after I end a relationship." I said as I think about it.

"I've only dated 3 woman throughout my life and we broke up either because of distance or.. got cheated on." I said and Angel chuckled.

"Of course, you got cheated on." I raised my eyebrows at her completely don't understand why she laughed.

"Sometimes I even asked myself how did I get so lucky, a man like you.. was willingly to marry a woman like me. It was like a life time miracle." She said as she put looked straight to the TV but I was interested to see her eyes and facial expression more.

"You're too nice, Silas." She turned to me.

"What do you mean too nice? I'm sure that I was not nice when we first met."

"That's why you get cheated on, you're too nice. You trust people easily, you helped people easily and rather have yourself take over than seeing other people suffer." She said and I just realized that everything she said was true.

"I never understand you and I don't think I will. You're such the opposite of what I am."

"I know.. even Logan and Timmy said that I'm a fool."

"Do you still love her? The woman from 2 years ago?" She asked and that's when I started to think about Valencia. I thought she would be my last love but she picked her dream more than me. I can't stop her and I will never stop her from being happy.

"I let her be happy, that's all. She's happier when she's living her dream so.. I'll just let her go." I said and Angel nodded.

"I was going to propose to her. I was ready to spend the rest of my life with her. It would be selfish of me not to let her go. She's happy with me but she was happier with her dreams." I looked down to my hands as I thought about Valencia. It was a pretty bad heart break.

"Were you waiting for her?" Angel asked and I found myself nodding. I turned to her after a long silence. "How about you?"

"I never really have a stable relationship. They always found someone better after me, they only use me to mingle with the riches or just to find more beautiful women that belong to the elites." She laughed dryly.

"I grew up in a shitty family. When I was a year old, my grandparents died in a car crash. My dad was not ready with the news and he got into depression pretty quickly. My mom was pretty much my dad's other half." Angel sighed.

"I was abandoned. I was raised by my nanny and my parents were so tough on me. They taught me to be excel in everything even though I have to cheat, even though I have to hurt people in the process and I didn't even know what's right and what's wrong until I got bullied big time in my highschool days." She put the hot chocolate on the table in front of us.

"I don't really have friends and I don't even know how to defend myself. When my parents found out that I got bullied by my schoolmates, they were mad at me for not fighting back. That's when I started to defend myself."

"I started to hurt people and be selfish about everything. That's why I have no friends and no family to lean on or to correct me. I found it on my own by seeing people's interactions." She let out a long sigh and she turned to me.

"Silas."

"Hmm?"

"If.. one day, I ended up hurting you." She said as she looked away.

"What? You want me to leave you? You want me to hate you? Is that what you want?" I asked and she turned to me again.

"Are you planning on it already?" I snapped because I know what's going on her head already.

"Oh! Maybe you already prepared our divorce paper or maybe you're planning to bring the girl that I used to love or maybe you're trying to make a scene so that I can hate you.. or.." I was starting to get angry. I got up from the sofa to calm myself because I know where this is going.

"Silas."

"No! You don't understand!" I said as I looked at her straight into her eyes.

"Silas, you're the one who doesn't understand. I was born to live alone! I was born to survive on my own!" She said as she pointed at herself.

"Right.. you only want this because you want to feel what is it like to own someone?" I said and Angel sighed.

"From the moment, I said I do in that church. I was ready to give you the world, Angel. I was ready to be your husband and walked out from the church and live my vow. I was ready to give you my all and I even started to open my heart for you!" I bursted angrily at her and frustrated.

"Do you even want to know how I felt? Or you're just going to be selfish for the rest of your life? You're being so selfish right now, you're only thinking about yourself. You think you're sacrificing it for me, for my sake but you're so wrong. We're going for a long run, Angel. You and I are going for a long run!"