Chapter 33 - Salty

Evangeline Mayford

Today is Mayford Jewelry's new collection launching day and I'm so excited. We planned this collection for more than a year because it's the anniversary of our company.

I invited Silas' family to join us because why not? I love his family and it's time to introduce them to the public and have them known out there. I want everyone to know that this is my family.. for now.

Today, Lisa kept spamming my text begging me to meet her. She told me that she was sorry and she will never bother me again but I can't keep her words.

Not after everything had happened a few years ago.

"Hey.." I turned to Silas and he leaned his body to the door frame looking at me smiling widely.

"You look so beautiful." He said as I put on my earrings.

"Thankyou and you look.. amazing." I said and he walked over to me. I got up from my vanity chair and he slipped his arms around my waist.

"This dress won't end up in your closet again tonight." I looked at him straight into his eyes and chuckled.

"Really? Are you sure you're going to tear this to pieces?" I leaned to his ear, "it's ten thousand dollars." His eyes widen when he knew the price of my dress.

"I guess you need to strip that off before we get wild tonight." He smirked and gave me a peck on my list.

"So.. we're going out in 10 minutes?" He asked as he turned to the clock above my vanity and I nodded.

"Tonight is going to be a little tough, we have a lot of people coming and you can let me know if you're tired." I said and he nodded.

Silas Quinton

When I walked into the room with Angel, this is my first time going public with my wife after hiding our relationship or keeping pretty low profile. There are a lot of things that I've noticed when we walked into the ballroom.

Angel doesn't have a lot of female admirers but.. she has a lot of men admiring her.. especially her beauty.

There's a lot of men attending this launching event with their girlfriends or wives but I can see they admire Angel. Her beauty is indeed making a lot fo people jealous.

Instead of getting jealous with the attention that she got, I felt the opposite. She's my wife and they all can drool themselves to death and there's no way that they can take her away from me.

"Dad.. Mom.. you two look great!" I said when I saw my parents along with Sean and I gave them a big hug. Mom hugged Angel right away and dad followed. Sean gave Angel a hug and smacked my upper arms savagely.

"I never thought that a launching event will be this luxurious." Sean said as he was admiring the party and Angel chuckled.

"My parents love to make it extra fancy." Angel said and Mary suddenly came because she has to greet some people. Angel excused herself and left me with my family.

"I'm glad to see the both of you happy." I turned to my mom and she linked her arm to mine.

"I thought you both will kill each other in Dubai." Sean joked and I shook my head chuckling.

"I get to know her better in Dubai and sh-"

"Silas? Sean? Terry? Jess?" I turned around to see Tallia who was my childhood friend.

"Tallia? What the-" Sean hugged her and Tallia chuckled.

"It's been so so long, how are you guys?" She asked as she hugged my parents and then lastly she looked at me proudly.

"Silas, I've missed you!" She said as she hugged me tightly. She even gave me a peck on my cheek before pulling away. I wiped my cheek right away and she turned to my parents.

My parents love Tallia, we used to be neighbours and our family were so close with each other. From what I remembered, she moved to Washington DC after finishing highschool and I never heard anything about her since then.

"So you're home for good now? I just came and saw you.. I never thought you would be here. We should catch up tomorrow."

Evangeline Mayford

After talking to some people and taking short interviews here and there, I saw Tallia talking to Silas and his family. The things that I'm afraid of starting to come in a flash.

I know Tallia, I know her too well.

She's a really nice person and she is the only person who helped me when I got bullied by other girls. She stood up for me a lot back then when everything went down.

Now, she knew Silas.

What a small world.

His family even talked to her with admiration filled their eyes. Silas even got excited and Sean even laughed along with her. This made me scared to even go back to him.

I know where this is going and I don't even want to stop it.

I told Mary to lead me into talking to other people again. I think it's better for me to make myself busy and maybe I'll join my parents too.

Mary started to lead me into talking to important people and I tried to tell myself not to check on Silas. I pretended that Silas just meet his old friend and need time to catch up.

"I can say that I really like the new designs, Mr. Quinton. I can't wait to bring this home to my wife." Mr. Archibald said to my dad and then they shook hands.

"I'm very proud of you, Eva. A lot of people love your designs." My mom said and I nodded.

"Where's Silas?" My dad asked as he took out his phone from his pocket.

"He's busy talking to people, I told him to mingle." I said as I grabbed a glass of champagne.

"He knows Tallia?" My mom asked as she pointed at him but I didn't even bother to turn around.

"Yeah, let him talk to her. His family knew her too."