Chapter 29 - Long Run

Evangeline Mayford

I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt so thirsty. I turned to see Silas sleeping on the other sofa and I slowly walked to the kitchen to not wake him up. I felt a little better after sleeping a lot.

I checked the time and it's 3 in the morning, I've been sleeping more than 7 hours and it's crazy. I drank slowly and checked my phone.

"Angel?" I turned to see Silas waking up.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Are you feeling okay? What do you need?" He asked as he got up from the sofa walking towards me. He was still half awake.

"I just wanted to drink and I feel better already. You can sleep again." I said and he put his hand on my forehead. He nodded knowing that I don't have a fever anymore.

"Let's sleep again in the bedroom." He said as he grabbed my hand. He brought all the pillows and blankets with one arm to the bedroom. He put the pillows in place and he wrapped me in his arms. He closed his eyes and I looked at the ceiling.

"What's our plan for tomorrow?" I asked.

"Just rest.." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Take a lot of rest, Angel."

"But I've been sleeping a lot." I protested as I tried to wiggle out from his arms. He suddenly cupped my face and gave me a peck on my lips.

"Sleep, don't make me worry by being awake and suddenly disappear. That shit still scares me." He said and I didn't even know what to say.

"How about I just.. play with my phone here? I'm not going anywhere." I turned to him and he opened his eyes. He laid on his side and he looked at me without saying a word.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows. He suddenly sat up on the bed and he pulled me to sit face to face with him.

"Silas, what are-" He cupped my face and kissed me again but this time.. he took it slow. He pulled me to his lap making me wrap my legs around his body. I kissed him back and he slipped his hands to my waist pulling me closer until there's no gap between us.

"You're making me crazy." He whispered as he kissed down my neck. I put my arms around his neck and he kissed my lips again. I ran my hands through his hair.

"God knows how long I've been wanting this." He said as he slipped his hands in to my baggy hoodie. I could my whole body loving his touch on my skin and this is my first time making out until this far.

I was not used to someone touching me but I love it when he touches me. His hands felt warm and it made my body excited. All the hormones in my body started to react and it gave me the feeling of ecstasy.

When I was about to tell him to go further, he stopped. He hugged me tightly and buried his head to my neck.

"Silas?"

"Sorry, I got out of control. I shpuld have let you rest." He said as he pulled back.

"But.."

"Let's go to sleep." He said as he pulled me back to lay on the bed. He trapped me with his body and I was forced to sleep.

I should have been more aggressive earlier, we could have gone more further and I want it. I want him. As I kept thinking about it, I fell asleep again.

Silas Quinton

After I made sure that she already asleep, I slipped away from her and walked out from the bedroom. I ran my hands through my hair and I got more frustrated than before.

After we got married, a lot of things change. I started to care a lot and it was new for me. I've been on a couple of relationships and I've never been so protective before. She made always have alerts on her whether who she's talking with or her location.

After we got married, I never really think about the 2 months time for us. I took it pretty seriously and I started to see her more than just someone that I wanted to teach about ownership.

When she's gone, I went panic. When she's sick, I got worried. When she's sad, I wanted to comfort her. When she's happy, I wanted to hug and kiss her.

How can people hate her? I don't understand.

I stood near the window and looked down to the empty streets. I ended up looking at the wedding ring on my hand.

"We'll be going on a long run, Angel. You won't be able to get rid of me that easily."

Evangeline Mayford

I opened my eyes slowly and it was so bright that I checked on the time right away. It was 9 in the morning and I grabbed my phone to check some emails before going out.

I saw a note on the door saying that Silas went out to workout for an hour. I took the note off and walked out to the living room. I drank my water and saw a plate ready on the dining room. He made me breakfast already.

I sat on the dining room and started to eat breakfast. I took out the ice cream that I bought at dawn and started eating it. Aliyah was right, it was so good. I kept eating it as I watched some netflix while waiting for Silas.

I felt great today and I'm ready to explore Dubai more, I'm not sure about Silas. I hope he agrees on it. I heard the door open and Silas walked in with his shirt soaked in sweat.

"Angel.." He looked at me disbelief as soon as he saw me.

"Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows. He walked to me and checked my body temperature. He closed the ice cream and put it back into the fridge.

"Eat your medicine and we're going to stay here today."

"But I'm not sick anymore." I protested.

"We're going to the Dubai Fountain tonight if you have a lot of rest."