6 | Know Me To Love Me

Start from the beginning

Glenn looked at me and laughed while shaking his head.

"I'm serious!" I defended.

"That's why I'm laughing," he said, and we both started laughing. I think even Rick and T were chuckling a little.

I turned back to look at Daryl who was walking behind us. He had a serious face, he wasn't even looking at us.

I found him interesting, he was always serious, always angry. I wondered what was going on inside his head. What his worries were, why he was so rude all the time.

I used to be that way before I realized how much of a joke life really is; that's why I barely take things seriously now. I find that joking about it is way better than yelling about it.

I sort of use humour as a coping mechanism

Chandler Bing 2.0

I slowed my pace a little and started walking beside him. I didn't know what to say; I barely knew anything about him, about any of them.

"So, how are you enjoying this lovely evening?" I asked Daryl in a cheery tone.

He grunted back in annoyance. But I wouldn't let that stop me from annoying him.

"Do you ever think about celebrities? I wonder how they're surviving all this." I said while swaying side to side.

"ya act like a kid" he finally spoke and blessed me with his precious voice.

"you're too serious" I replied raising my eyebrows even though he wasn't looking at me.

"You annoy me," he said now looking at me. I gasped putting my hand on my heart acting hurt.

Rude!

"You just need to get to know me to love me. It'll happen eventually" I said confidently looking forward. I could see him looking at me from the side of my eye.

"Nah it won't" he scoffed.

"Yes, it will. Remind me to say, 'I told you so' once you confess your undying love for me." I said while giggling before skipping ahead over to Glenn.

***

It was now night, and we were running. Again.

Ugh, I'm gonna sleep for a week after all this running.

We suddenly heard gunshots and screaming; this sent us into panic mode.

"Oh my God" Rick whispered before running faster towards the noise.

"Go! go!"

We ran like hell. I wasn't scared for myself but for the people who were being harmed.

We ran for what felt like hours, but we finally saw the camp.

It wasn't good.

It was a horrible scene. People were screaming, women protected their children, helplessly looking for safety while some of the men did everything they could to protect them. While others beat the dead ones with anything they had in hand. There were dead people on the ground; tuned into meals for the walking dead.

We instantly started helping. Rick had given me one of the shotguns which I was now using to kill some of the undead.

That thing was heavy, and I wasn't used to it, so I strapped it across my shoulders and unleashed my sword.

There was so much chaos, screaming and loud shots ringing through the air. I helped as many people as I came across, either rescuing them from the monsters or helping them kill one.

I sliced through every single monster that was in front of me.

I had been surviving out on the road for a while now. Meaning this type of attack wasn't something I had never experienced. I just never had to protect other people.

Once I finished off the last one in front of me, I turned around to see Daryl beating one's head with the back of his shotgun. What he didn't see was the one coming from behind him ready for its next meal.

I unleashed one of my throwing knives and got into position faster than I ever had.

"Daryl duck!" I yelled. and without a second thought, I sent my knife through the air and straight into the skull of the dead one. It instantly went limp and fell on Daryl, who quickly pushed it off him.

He turned to look at me and nodded in thanks. For a split second, we held eye contact before snapping out of it. As the noise died down around us; I looked at the damage that had been done. I didn't know what this place looked like before. But it was definitely in much better shape than it was in now.

People were hugging what was left of their families or close friends. There was a woman on the ground holding onto a younger girl. I could tell she meant a great deal to the woman. It was horrible.

The women started wailing and crying even louder. My guess was that the girl had died.

A couple of hours ago these people were fine, they were surviving. And now, they were dead.

And the ones who survived will live with the guilt of their survival.

A/N

Hello, I hope your enjoying this book so far.
I just wanted to say that this chapter was not as good as I would like it to be.
Overall it was just meh. I promise there are better ones to come. I have a set plot for this book and I'm not just winging it. This was kind of a filler chapter so I apologize.
Also there are things that need to be mentioned for the sake of later, so when you read just random facts about her past know that it has purpose and it's not just there to be there.
Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment.
Bye lovelies.