Engraved

Carina wanted to surprise Maya and her team with the homemade chicken and mushroom Ravioli with Tomato sauce that she had made. It was her day off and Maya wasn't going to get back home till midnight, so she decided to visit her with food. 

Hoping that they weren't called in for a fire, she entered the firehouse. Usually someone would be at the reception to greet her but that day it was not the case. She entered Maya's office without knocking, as she always did, but was presented an empty office. When the doubts of them being on a call started creeping up, she heard laughter coming from the beanery and that was her invitation to go upstairs. 

As soon as she entered a beanery, she was welcomed by a series of 'Hellos and hi'. Travis moved from behind the counter to hug her and helped her with the bag she was carrying with herself. 

"I brought you all Ravioli!" 

And as expected, everyone roared and clapped while dramatically thanking her for her delicious food. 

Carina was happy that the firefighters were all pleased with that but one particular hot blonde firefighter, whom she was looking for, was out of her sight. 

When all of them started serving their plates with the pasta, she asked them, "Do any of you have any idea about the whereabouts of Maya? I haven't seen her since I arrived."

Everyone paused their moments for a second before glancing at each other and resuming their actions. As everyone knew that Vic was the worst at keeping secrets, Travis stuffed her mouth with a cup cake while answering Carina's question, "Yeah...she must be in her office."

"No, I checked before coming upstairs. Never mind, you guys enjoy the food while I go find her," Carina turned around but paused when she heard Andy screaming at her to stop. 

"I'll go and find Maya. Please sit down," Andy said not even giving her a chance to respond as the Latina quickly made her way downstairs. 

Andy entered her office and made her way towards the room attached to the office. She knocked and opened the door to find Maya sleeping with a hand placed over her eyes. 

She slowly made her way to sit on the edge of the bed and shook Maya's leg to awaken her. When she saw Maya rub her eyes and open them, she spoke up, "I'm sorry to disturb you but Carina brought food and she is looking for you." 

Maya immediately sat up, "Oh my God! Did she suspect anything?" 

"Thankfully, no. But, how are you feeling now?" 

Maya let out a sign, "The rashes haven't yet disappeared but my fever is down. It's just about a 100 degrees Fahrenheit now."

"Will you be able to come up and meet her?" Andy questioned, even though she already knew the answer. 

"I have to, Andy. If I don't, she might get suspicious." 

Maya stood up and pulled her SFD jacket over shoulders as she made her way towards the beanery with Andy.

She entered the room and found Carina turn around and walk towards her to meet her half-way, "Hi bella! Where were you?" 

Maya stepped closer to place a kiss on her lips before answering, "I...I was just checking the engines, just making sure everything was alright. That's why I didn't see you enter." 

"But, checking the trucks is not the captain's job, is it?" Carina questioned her.

"Yeah, but I had nothing else to do so..." She shrugged. 

Carina placed her hands on her cheeks to pull her in for another kiss but suddenly pulled away before their lips met, "Bambina, you're hot."

"So are you," Maya replied with a smirk.