1.2 - Life of Youth (Part 2)

{1x02. Life of Youth (2) }

Written by A.C.

* * * * * *

That night during dinner, CL finished his dinner and thought it was best to ask his parents right then and there than wait to the last minute – in case he needed the extra hours to convince him to let him go. CL ran the entire conversation a dozen times all afternoon when he was alone, trying to find the most casual way of explaining to them the importance of letting him go to this party. Honest and truthful, CL thought, with honesty he would be able to make wonders happen for him. All he needed was an easy-flowing two way open communication with his parents.

"Where on earth do you have to go on a school night?" his mother asked with a look on her face that gave off the impression like CL had asked her if he could rob a bank. All he'd asked was if he could go out tomorrow night – and he hadn't even mentioned the fashion show party yet.

"Well ..."

"You do realize tomorrow is a school night?" his father chimed in. CL looked up at his parents from the dinner table. They were both staring down at him as though he was being interrogated by the CIA.

"Of course I do," CL answered.

Here it goes. Truthful and honest ... truthful and honest.

"I'm just going to study at Darcy's place," CL blurted out.

What the eff?!

CL sat there stunned with himself. What the hell had just left his mouth? He panicked, he realized, maybe he still had a chance to go back and come clean with the truth.

"Oh, well if it's for school purposes, absolutely," his mother softened the look on her face before nodding with a smile and looking at his dad.

Crap. Crap. Crap!

"Thanks guys," CL forced a smile as his mother took his empty plate from the table.

"We're glad you're making friends," his father nodded, pulling his tablet computer from under the table.