Chapter 47

Zaryab came to where cars were parked. He was looking for mehmal. He knows she is in pain but doesn't show it to anyone. He had spray in his hand. Her car was parked outside.

"MEHMAL," he said mehmal turned to him. She immediately closed the door and started her car. In a haze, he walked to her car, tried to open the door and tapped on the window. "Mehmal, what is this behaviour? At least take this" Mehmal started her car and started moving.

"STUBBORN," zaryab said, walking to his car.

Mehmal feet hurt. Her car is automatic, so it wasn't difficult for her to drive.

She took a turn and lowered the car's speed, which was already at a low rate. She felt her breaks were failed. Her feet were hurting her. She reduced the speed and again pressed on the paddle, but the brake was not working. An uncomfortable feeling crept up her chest as she pressed the brake again. She blinked in shock. She was panicking.

Zaryab squinted his eyes in worried. She was driving in the wrong direction. Her speed was not fast. Zaryab's anxiety was exacerbated when a man came in front of mehma's's car. Instead of stopping, she drove her car in the wrong direction.

"What she's doing? Where is she going? Doesn't her feet hurt?"

He dialled her number. Concerning lines etching his forehead.

She panicked and pressed the emergency brake, which was also not working. She saw her phone ring. It was an unknown number. She turned her car towards the highway. She needs help from the traffic police. Her phone rang again in a panic. She picked it.

" Mehmal, where are you taking your car," zaryab asked.  Mehmal feet were hurting her.

" Allah help" she mumbled to herself

"My... My car... it's... " Mehmal was feeling sweating. Zaryab's eyes grew wide, his dark caution proven right as he rushed his car to her. He felt panic in her voice.

" Mehmal, what happened to the car? Are you ok? Stop the car, " Mehmal came into her conscious she recognised zaryab's voice. " zaryab... Zaryab... My car breaks not working, "she sniffled, a stuttering breath leaving her chest.

Zaryab felt that someone had pulled the ground from under him. Panic switches off his higher brain.

"Mehmal, I'm right behind you" zaryab reached for her car and rolled down the window.

Mehmal drifted her head towards her right zaryab was there.

She rolled down the window. "Zadyab breaks is not working," she said.

"Emergency brake?" he asked mehmal, shaking her head helplessly. Tears were spilling down. Her body tensed up, and her lost gaze flickered up to zaryab.

"Shush Mehmal, take your car to the left lane," Mehmal noticed she was in the middle lane zaryab was in the fast lane. She blinked her eyes and bobbed heavily, swallowing it hard. In a haze, she immediately takes it to the left, where the car runs at low speed "upshift your car in the lower range," Zaryab said.

If it's manual, he would tell her to take it to low-range gear.  She starts doing it and crying.

" Mehmal, you need to be strong," Zaryab said as she breathed heavily. When zaryab noticed her speed was getting lower and they were on the highway. Then he instructed her and took her car to another deserted place.

"Yalla, no traffic at this hour, please," zaryab said because what he was going to say was a risk. To their luck, not so many cars. Zaryab tried to call the traffic police, but no one attended.