The dinging of the bell on the corner made them pull away, Robin scowling and turning towards the customer, a boy with curly hair, and a hat.

"Hi...I'm Dustin." He said, looking up at Robin, who rose her brows in amusement.

"I'm Robin."

Dustin smiled goofily, "Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is-- is he here?"

"Is who here?"

Imogen jumped as Steve barged out the back door, looking at Dustin.

"Henderson." Steve breathed out, his hands moving up in the air in celebration.

Dustin laughs excitedly, looking at the older boy who was like a brother to him.

"Henderson! HE'S BACK!" Steve ran out of the shop, clapping his hands, standing in front of Dustin.

Imogen and Robin share a look.

"I'm back. You got the job!" Dustin exclaimed, gesturing to the big sign that was lit red.

"I got the job!" Steve mimicked playing the trumpet before doing his and Dustin's handshake as Imogen tilted her head.

Why didn't they have a handshake?

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asked, standing close to Imogen, her finger running along the Harrington girl's wrist, fiddling with the rainbow braid.

Steve inhaled deeply, looking at Dustin while gesturing towards Robin and Imogen who were laughing as if showing Dustin what he has to deal with.

"--She says kissing is better without teeth."

Imogen took a seat next to Dustin after getting her ice cream, her face scrunching at Dustin's words she walked in on.

Steve gaped, his eyes trailing to his sister who shrugged, "Wow, that's great. Proud of you, man."

"Yeah, Dust. That's--That's kinda romantic." Imogen nodded, taking a bite of her cookie dough ice cream.

Dustin grinned, not sensing the sarcasm, before looking at his Banana Float "So do you just eat as much of this as you want?"

"Yeah, sure. It's not a good idea for me though. I gotta keep in shape for the ladies." Steve explained, ignoring the snort from his sister.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin called out, cleaning up the counter since no customers were coming.

"Ignore her." Steve dismissed.

"She seems cool," Dustin commented.

"She's not." Steve shook his head.

"She is." Imogen nodded.

Robin looked towards the girl with a blush on her cheeks, trying to calm the beating of her heart.

Steve narrowed his eyes at his sister before turning back to Dustin, "So where are the other knuckleheads?"

"They ditched me yesterday."

"No.."

"My first day back. Can you believe that shit?" Dustin scoffed.

"Wait, seriously?"

"They're gonna regret it though, big time when they don't get a share in my glory," Dustin said.

"Glory? What glory?" Steve questioned.

"So, last night, when we were trying to contact Suzie--"

"Oh mm," Steve smirked.

"And uh--" Dustin gestured for the siblings to lean in closer, looking around paranoid with all the people around before he whispered.

✓ | WE ARE INFINITE , ʳᵒᵇᶦⁿ ᵇᵘᶜᵏˡᵉʸजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें