¹³ The Beginning of the Dangers of Dart

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹³ - ᴍᴏʟᴛɪɴɢ

❛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ?! ❜

"I don't want to help you."

"Oh my god, Immy please, I can't get a hold of anyone!"

Dustin's voice echoed through the phone as Imogen stood in her kitchen in her pajamas, watching her mom make breakfast as her dad sat at the island making her mom laugh.

Imogen sighed, smiling off the concerned look of her dad before talking quietly into the phone, "I'll be there in a bit."

"Yes! Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah." the girl rolled her eyes, slamming the phone on the receiver.

Turning around with a sigh, she was met by the worried voice of her mother. "What's up, Immy?"

"I'm helping Mrs. Henderson's kid with something," Imogen stated, walking over to pluck a strawberry from her dad's bowl, smiling when she saw the man roll his eyes and playfully glare at her.

"With what?" Margie questioned, placing the pancakes she finished on the island, smiling softly when Steve walked down the stairs grumbling about early it was.

"He...needs advice on... girls." Imogen trailed off, starting to eat her breakfast.

"Are you sure you're the one he should be talking to?" Ivan jokes, chuckling as his daughter glared at him.

Margie scowled at her husband, kissing Steve on the forehead and gesturing for him to sit and eat before glaring at Ivan.

"I was kidding." Ivan laughed, ruffling his daughter's hair.

"Shut up, Ivan," Margie mumbled, giving the man a pointed look.

Imogen shook her head, looking down at her hands in amusement but that feeling fell when she saw the scar on her hand, reminding her just why she had to help Dustin.

"I'm gonna get ready. Thank you, mommy." the young girl said, getting up from the chair and putting her dirty plate in the sink before walking up the stairs with Steve looking after her concerned.

──

"You want to lure this thing with bologna?" Imogen looked at the curly-haired kid weirdly, taking in the pillows taped to his front, the knee pads he had on, as well the elbow pads and large helmet.

"Do you have a better idea?" Dustin rose a brow, smiling sarcastically when the girl didn't say anything.

"Where's your mom?"