⁰⁴ The Other Side

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁴ - ᴛʜᴜᴍᴘᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀᴍʙɪ

❛ ɪᴛ's ᴀ sᴄᴀʀʏ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ

❛ ɪᴛ's ᴀ sᴄᴀʀʏ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ. ❜

"Where have you been?!" Steve's worried voice rang through the Harrington home as Imogen closed the front door behind her, leaning against it with a blank face while Steve stood in front of her. "Seriously Immy, I was about to call mom from her business trip and you know how she gets."

Imogen glanced at her brother, sighing. "I told you I slept at Nancy's."

Imogen started walking towards the big staircase, hearing the boy's footsteps following her. "Okay...where were you the rest of the day?"

Imogen stopped on the top stair, her hand on the rail, turning to her brother who was at the bottom. "I went with Ms. Jones to see Issa, then me and Nancy just hung out, okay? You don't need to worry."

Steve didn't say anything just watched his little sister walk away, hearing her bedroom door close, causing him to sigh heavily plopping himself to sit on the step with his head in his hands.

He didn't know how to deal with the girl, he was worried. He wished his parents were around more, even if he and his dad don't really get along. Steve knew his mom would drop anything for them but he didn't have the guts to actually call her.

──

Imogen stood in front of her mirror, clad in her fanciest black attire she could find in her closet, which was just a long sleeve tucked in some baggy black dress pants and her black converse she saved for special occasions. It was hard finding something other than athletic shorts, mom jeans, and stolen hoodies from Steve and her dad, in her closet.

It was Saturday, the day of the funeral, Will's funeral. Imogen decided it would be nice to go even though she knew Will was most likely alive, for comfort she guessed?

The girl fixed the blazer she threw over the outfit, it belonged to her dad and was huge on her. Puffing her cheeks out, she nodded to herself, "Good enough."

Her eyes trailed to the picture taped to the corner of her mirror, her breath shuttering for a moment.

It was of Issa and Imogen sometime in the summer, her parents were home for the weekend and her mom had found the two girls in the pool and decided to take a photo. Issa was on Imogen's back, kissing her cheek innocently as Imogen grinned widely at the camera.

Imogen blinks back her tears, snapping her head to the door when a small knock was heard, seeing Steve's head poking in a moment later, making the girl bite her lip to stop from laughing.