⁰⁵ The Monster

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁵ - ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

❛ ᴢᴏᴏ ᴡᴇᴇ ᴍᴀᴍᴀ ❜

❛ ᴢᴏᴏ ᴡᴇᴇ ᴍᴀᴍᴀ ❜

"What the fuck is this place?" Imogen whispered, her eyes trailing around in caution, having to duck when one of the vines hanging from the tree almost hit her head.

Nancy grabbed the girl's shaky hand in hers, leading the girl deeper into the woods. Imogen caught the girl as Nancy tripped on a vine, making Nancy put her hand on a nearby tree to balance herself, grimacing when she felt stickiness on it.

Nancy looked at her hand in disgust, trying to wipe the gooey substance off, "Gross."

Imogen's eyes trailed the darkness, the light of her flashlight following her vision. Everything looked the same, it would be easy getting lost in here, she thought.

The flashlight in her hand started flickering on and off making her hold in a groan while taking her hand out of Nancy's, hitting the light against her hand, trying to steady the flickers. "Come on."

A loud snarling sound made the girls jump with a gasp. Imogen shined her light to where they heard it; both girls froze in fear when the light landed on the monster a few yards away from them, hunched over the deer they saw get dragged away from them, chewing sounds filling their ears.

Imogen grabbed Nancy's arm, a shuddering breath leaving her as she tried to steady her shaky hands, making the light move around on the figure of the monster.

Both the girls took slow steps back, tears filling their visions as they kept their eyes on the monster. Nancy took another step, holding her breath when a stick broke on her weight, echoing through the darkness.

The girl's let out a loud scream as the monster turned to them, it's mouth open, showing rows of sharp teeth, covered in blood, a loud screech from the monster-making their ears ring, making Imogen drop the light.

Both girls quickly turned, hearts beating rapidly as they heard growls and footsteps behind them.

"Jonathan?!"

"Jonnie!?"

They had tears running down their cheeks as they screamed for the boy, hands intertwined as they ran through the dark woods, trying to not slip on the slippery substances on the ground.

"IMMY!? NANCY?!"

Jonathan's voice echoed, making the girls look around frantically.

"Jonathan, where the fuck are you?!" Imogen shouted, her breathing becoming short when they hear a screech not far away from them.