¹⁷ The Billy I Knew

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁷ - ʜɪs sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ

❛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʟᴀsᴛ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

❛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʟᴀsᴛ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ...ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ❜

She should have bailed.

She was nowhere near ready for social interaction after everything. She knew it was the end, or at least she hoped.

El closed the gate, meaning nothing can get through.

She was safe... we were safe...it was a mantra Imogen had to tell herself because she still couldn't believe it.

She sighed, hanging up from the phone, cursing herself for just not telling Robin she didn't feel like hanging out.

"Are you gonna go?"

Imogen turned, her face grimacing when she saw Steve talking with his mouth full of food. "Gross."

Steve rolled his eyes, swallowing the leftover pasta from yesterday. "So are you?"

"I have to... Hopper said the best thing to do now is act normal, do normal teenage things." Imogen tightly smiled remembering the words.

"You're far from normal," Steve mumbled, cackling when Imogen punched him in the shoulder.

"What did I say about hitting your brother?" Margie rose a brow as she walked into the kitchen, going to grab water from the fridge.

Imogen's shoulders sagged, "Not to do it."

"And why are you doing it?"

Imogen's eyes trailed to the smug-looking Steve behind her mother's back, sticking his tongue out when he saw he had her attention. "He was making fun of me!"

Margie spun around to look at her son, Steve's smug expression dropping when Margie smacked the boy in the back of the head. "Don't be mean to your sister."

Imogen smiled widely at Steve who mumbled incoherently, as Margie shook her head at the two with a smile.

Margie was going to walk out of the kitchen but turned back to stare at her daughter, "You should go, it would be good for you to make new friends."

Margie was concerned for the girl ever since a few weeks ago.

Billy had stopped by every day trying to talk to Imogen, but every time the young girl shut him out until eventually, he stopped coming.