"it's because monsters are made by the ones who raised the once was a beautiful little flower." william answers, you shot your head to his direction seeing the man looking out at the sunset.

"childrens does have amazing imaginations, and.. dreams. they have always dreamed of something high that parents feared their child couldn't reach. and slowly, they don't notice the monster they're building. and if that demon comes out, the elders always. and will always, blame it to the child." he finished, his words holding grudges and more deeper thoughts into it.

"who didn't do anything but to dream."

~

"william? what are you doing in the dark..?" the man flinched upon hearing someone speak, turning around and seeing your figure walking up to him.

"well, not exactly in the dark cause the moon is lighting up the night." your lips tugged slightly upwards as you sat beside the captain, looking up at the moon and stars in the night sky.

"i will not be anymore surprised if you ever speak of a place that even i am not aware of existing in this household." vangeance chuckled, surprised that you're aware of his favourite spot- he was confident in no one knowing.

who'd really check on top of a roof? it's not like you wake up and thought of climbing a big ass mansion's roof.. right?

"i spend most of my time in this mansion. i just coincidentally find these places and find them interesting that i always end up exploring them." you answered, "anyways, why are you up here in the middle of the night?"

"just.. thinking about matters." he sighs, and you could feel the sudden sadness radiating in him.

"i won't mind listening to someone rant. that is, if the person would only be comfortable with speaking out their troubles." you sent a smile and william mirrors it before speaking of his troubles as you only listened silently.

-

"coffee?" you frowned, looking at charlotte questioningly.

the captain shrugs, "alright, i apologize for not asking. i just came to a thought that maybe you'd enjoy some caffeine since you did last time you asked for a drink." with a small grin.

"well.. i guess i did, but i'd like some-" your words were halted by a someone coughing behind.

a buff man blowing out smoke from his cigarette stood there, "hey." you blinked and looked back at charlotte who had a slight pink blush on her cheeks.

you stood up and so did charlotte. "yami sukehiro.. what brought you here?"

"i already told you not to call my full name lady her-" the captain was cut off by the intense glare from you, chuckling off the tension he's feeling. "kidding.. hah, kidding."

you sighed and gestured him to sit on the free chair in your table.

but stopped your actions upon seeing another figure behind the captain.

"william..?" the place fell silent, the faint sound of your dragon growling and charlottle's members giggling from a far is the only thing heard.

you cleared your throat, realizing what you had just called the masked captain. "i mean- vangeance, what are you two here for?" gulping and hoping that the rest didn't sense that certain hint of nervousness in your voice.

"we got a mission with you two involved.. it's this evening and we thought y'all could use some company since we have some time to spare." yami answered, a small smirk plastered in his lips as he walked towards the seat near charlotte's.

william came back to his senses and followed the other man, having no choice but to take the unequipped seat next to yours as you and charlotte sat down too.

"why in the evening though..? wouldn't it be more.. proper if we start early?" you slightly tilt your head to the side, your heart beating a little faster than usual.

a maid still standing behind you.

"y/n.." charlotte murmured, gesturing to the lady next to you, awaiting for your order.

"oh.. ah i'm sorry, please i'd take.. uh water, just water." with a small nervous smile, the maid nodded and mirrors your gesture before leaving.

'now just water?' charlotte thought.

"anyways.. lord julius had ordered us to come at night so the lurking thieves when the sun is up won't suspect anything. some knights had already been up with the mission and the bandits never shows up, yet after the knights had already left, they start attacking once again." vangeance explains as he removed his helmet.

you were glad he's able to have the confidence to show his scars without looking so worried.

"w-ell.. why send three captains a-and y/n..?" charlotte asks in a stuttering manner.

you could see yami's smirk lighten clear as day.

"i don't know. tsk, he's trying to achieve something. heh, who knows the ways of that old-child." the man threw his cigarette off in a way to scoot his chair closer to charlotte's.

leaning back with his arms resting on the arm rest where his skin could already touch charlotte's- who's now a blushing mess and seemed like she's ready to flee the place.

it's was so cheeky and unusual to see yami act like this.

you heard william clear his throat, noticing the captain look away from the corner of your eye.

this is so ackward.

-

"you're here.. again..?" you spoke, eyes shining a little from excitement upon seeing the captain where you had seen him the last night you've had a proper conversation.

"oh.. good evening m'lady." he responds, a small smile lingering on his lips. "what bought you here?"

you sat down beside him and stared up, "just wanted some fresh air.. i couldn't sleep." a sigh escaping your lips.

"what about you?" you continued, snapping your head to his direction.

"oh.. same. i just wanted to see the moon since it's the month's full moon." he says, there was longing in his voice, yet you couldn't get yourself to understand what it might be.

"you listened to me the last time i was troubled, i can listen to your problems too.. if you're comfortable with it." he looks at you, your eyes meeting.

his eyes was so.. comforting and warm.

he flashed a smile with his eyes closed, it made your heart melt and your cheeks flush.

'that was so cute.' internally screaming.

˚ 𓆩 ❃ 𓆪 ˚

-lexi