Her cheeks turned red with his intense gaze. She looked down, blushing while playing with the end of her sari pallu. He moved towards her with baby steps, while she took a step backward. Soon, she hit the wall. He leaned a bit towards her and pulled her closer by her waist. He looked into those chocolate-brown eyes of hers. All he could see was love for him.

"You are looking beautiful, bunny," he said, kissing her forehead lovingly, to which she closed her eyes.

He moved down and kissed her eyes. He then kissed her nose and both cheeks. He then embraced her in his arms. He knows she needs time, and he is ready to wait for her all his life. They stayed in that position for a while.

*************************

Soon both of them reached downstairs. They saw Vani and Shekar waiting for them, as they were getting late. They need to attend the engagement of one of their clients' daughters. He was their old client and a good friend of Shekar. And also, the bride is a classmate of Avinav and a good friend of him.

 And also, the bride is a classmate of Avinav and a good friend of him

(Vani-Shekar attires)

"Wow! You look so beautiful, Amma," Avi said, kissing Vani's cheek.

Shekar pulled Vani towards him and said, "At least stop kissing my wife now."

"Amma, someone is getting jealous," Avi said, pulling his mother towards him.

"Of course, I'm jealous," Shekar said, pulling Vani towards him and hugging her tightly.

Maya giggled, looking at their banter, and shook her head.

*************************

Soon, the four of them reached the venue. They moved towards the newly engaged couple and congratulated them. Vani took Maya with her to introduce her to some of her friends who didn't attend the wedding, while Avi and Shekar got themselves busy mingling with the people they knew.

Even though Avi was talking to the others, he was checking on Maya in between. He knew his mother was there with her, but he knew she was not comfortable meeting new people. He looked around and saw her standing with his mother and her friends.

Maya looked at her mother-in-law, who was eager to introduce her to her friends. Since her childhood, Vani has been a bubbly person. She mingles with people easily. She got married at the young age of 18 as Shekar's father was on his deathbed, and he wished to see his son's marriage before he died. Shekar is the only child of Gayatri and Venkatraman. Shekar had just completed his graduation at the time of his marriage. After their marriage, he asked Vani if she wanted to study. He always wanted Vani to be independent. She was pursuing her BBA when she got married, and she pursued an MBA after her marriage. Gayatri always supported her.

Maya was immersed in her thoughts when she saw two ladies approaching them.

"Hi, Vani! Long time, ha! You seem to be very busy these days," the first lady asked Vani.