We sat down and the waiter immediately approached us.

"May I take your order?

"'l'll have one coffee…"

"Chocolate cake for me Dad."

"Okay, and one slice of chocolate cake. And…"He looked at me."...what do you want?"

"I'll just have a cup of coffee too."

He looked at the waiter. "Another coffee for her."

"So you'll have two coffees and a slice of chocolate cake. Is there something else you want to order sir?" said the waiter with a smile.

"No, thanks."

And the waiter left.

Bryan was busy playing with his ball right now, so he obviously doesn't pay any attention on either me or his dad. The man smiled at me and extended an arm, "I almost forgot. My name's Alex, Bryan's father. Thank you for accompanying him."

I also extended my arm and shook his."No problem sir. My name is Liz, Elizabeth Van Hossen."

"You're a Van Hossen? Are you related to the famous fashion designer Natalie van Hossen and Richard van Hossen, an architect and CEO of one of the biggest human resource company in England?"

I was surprised by his reaction."Uhm, how did you know my parents?"

He was even more surprised this time."They're you parents? Wow, what a small world. “A smiled curved on his lips." Well, your mother designed my ex-wife's gown for our wedding few years ago."

I interrupted him."Ex-wife?"

He nodded."Yeah, we separated."

"Oh, I'm sorry. And Dad? How did you know him?"

"Hmm, just recently I've opened my very first coffee shop branch in England and I had your father design the interior and exterior for me. I also made arrangements in his company for the manpower." 

"Oh I see."

The waiter came, together with our orders. Bryan, having sight on the chocolate cake, loosed grip on the ball and started eating. I took a sip from my cup. Wow, this coffee is incredible.

Alex looked at me again."You're modeling some of your mother's works right?"

"Yeah."

He laughed a little."You know what; my ex-wife is a fan of yours." Then he laughs again. "She has that every fashion magazine where you are in the cover. And really loves your Mom's works. I think you two should meet someday, don't you think?"

I grin."My pleasure…"

Suddenly, his face became confused."Wait, aren't you supposed to be in England? With your family? What brings you here?"

Yeah, I remembered. I forced a smile." Well, a long story. You wouldn't want to know."

"I understand." He took a sip in his coffee and asked me again."Where will you be staying?"

"Uhm, at the school's dormitory where I transferred. Actually, I still don't know where it was. I mean, I just came here today."

"What's the name of the school? Maybe Bryan and I can drive you there."

"Uhm, was it Lynden? Yeah, Lynden High, that's it."

"Lynden High? Well my son studies there too."

I looked at Bryan with confusion."Bryan?"

He giggled."Nah, my first son. I hope you two can get along."

I didn't say a word. He's a he right? I don't want to. I yawned, probably because of the very tiring trip from England to Philadelphia.

Alex looked at me."Well I guess you're tired. I think we should drive you to your dorm now.

We went inside Alex's car and started our way to Lynden High. I fell asleep during the road trip. After one and a half hours, I guess, we got there. Woah. This place was more intricate than it was in the picture on the web. Alex and Bryan walked me to my dorm after accompanying me to the admissions office to get my schedule and bid our farewell to each other. Alex gave me his calling card in case I needed something.

The room was spacious enough for me - a bedroom, a bathroom, living room and a kitchen. It was more like a condominium. The tall windows overlook the nearby lake - I'm going to love this place. After unpacking my things, I went straight to bed.

I was about to sleep when my phone rang. It's Mom. I picked it up, with one eye open.

"Hello Mom? Wait, are you--are you crying?"

Sobbing she answered."No sweetie, of course not." Than she bursted out into tears.

"Now you are Mom."

"I missed you already sweetie! This is the first night I won't be able to kiss you goodnight. Please come back."

"Mom, I just arrived."Sigh."You'll get used to it Mom. I have a class tomorrow; I'd better be sleeping right now. Good night Mom. I love you."

"Okay sweetie. Just don't forget to call and e-mail us everyday okay? I love you too. Good night sweetie."

"Please tell Dad I love him too."

"I will sweetie, take a rest now. Bye"

"Bye Mom.

Call ended.

Sigh. I'm used to be alone but, I have to admit, it was kinda sad being away from them.

Tomorrow's Monday. I wish I was ready.

Sigh. This is going to be a long night.