Chapter 30 - Breaking Points

Start from the beginning

If she was being completely honest with herself she didn't know if she ever wanted to leave this place. Driving the half hour or so into town for more food was nice and all but Lauren felt a little out of place in that small town. Maybe it was because that's all it was, a small town while she grew up in the city. But if that were true she'd feel weird about the cabin too which she just didn't. Maybe it was because Roy was with her that she felt so at home here. She didn't want to jump the gun and say that she was full out in love with him because even though they kissed and slept in the same bed, Lauren just couldn't get past the fact that she hadn't even known Roy for a month. Their relationship was less than three weeks old and for her that just didn't seem like a long enough time.

She knew she loved Roy but she wasn't quite sure that she was in love with him. He made her comfortable where no other person really could. Not even Leon made her feel like this, the red eyed demon still made her heart skip a beat whenever she thought about him but Roy made her heart skip two beats. It frustrated her to know that she had feelings for both, though her feelings for Roy were steadily growing so did her "cravings" for Leon. She dreamt about that time when she'd snuggled up to him after they'd gotten back from the Badlands the other night, only this time Leon's arms were wrapped around her and their legs were entangled. She woke up from the dream with a racing heart and  she was blushing something fierce only to realize that she was laying in that position but it was Roy holding her not Leon.

She wanted to chalk it up to the fact that Leon was the bad boy that she couldn't have and that it excited her, but the more she thought about it the more she thought that maybe she genuinely did love him. Even though Leon made it so clear that he had less than no interest in her. Then she came up with the idea that maybe her feelings were because she felt offended that Leon didn't feel attracted to her and she wanted to prove him wrong. But then she told herself that it was just her being stupid for wanting more than enough. Roy enough for her and she knew it but still it bugged her that she was attracted to Leon this way. It only made matters worse when she knew that they were brothers.

I'm crushing on my boyfriend's brother she thought to herself one day while Roy made a run into town for some pizza supplies. Not only that but one is a bad boy while the other was the nicest guy any girl could ask for! How cliché could she get. Regardless of how she felt for Leon, she was more than content with Roy. She was happy with Roy and she felt safe, comfortable, and meaningful around Roy. Aside from feeling safe, those were things that she just didn't feel whenever she was with Leon. If anything she felt like she was a burden on him since he'd gotten hurt badly on more than one occasion because of her while they were out in the Badlands.

Lauren opened her eyes to be greeted by a sky that was absolutely filled with stars and it was only than that she realized that Roy was looking down at her from where he sat beside her. A blush crept up her face as she looked back at those two golden eyes of his, glowing brighter than all the starts that were in the sky. Before she knew it Lauren was pulling him down to her and his lips to hers. The contact sent a spark all through her body and before she even knew what was happening a small albeit noticeable moan escaped her mouth. Normally that was grounds for her to stop all activities that she was doing at the moment but this time her body had a mind of its own as her arms snaked their way around Roy's shoulders which were now almost too broad for her to fully wraps her arms around them.

Roy picked up on her gesture and he was no longer keeping his weight off of her as his hands began to roam her sides and even down her legs. Lauren felt an assault of tingles travel all throughout her body as Roy's hand went up her thigh to stop at her waist while the other ran along her side stopping just below her rib cage. Lauren hands were running across his back before stopping at his shoulder blades where she felt the folds where his wings came out, but that wasn't why she stopped there. She liked how his muscles felt beneath her hands as his own hands explored her body. Lauren wasn't sure just how long they went on like that, only that when they finally broke their lips apart that her breathing had picked up and that a harsh blush had colored her face red. Her lips felt a little sore too but that didn't bother her one bit, in fact she wanted to feel it even more so she brought his lips back to hers and the two of them started all over again.