11

•||•MODERN AU•||•

'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°

"Chongyun?" Blinking his eyes multiple times, Chongyun rubbed his eyes and forced out a smile.

"Wow, that's..... great you two! I am... so.. happy.... for both you...." Forcing out a smile giving his two friends a thumbs up.
The two smiled back at him and thanked him.
The couple then turned at each other, the young man kissed the woman's hand with loving eyes staring at her.
"Great... um... I gotta go now! I am really happy for both of you... haha. Congrats bye!"

He can't take it....
Seeing them together....
He's happy for them, he is!
But he just really can't take it...
Not anymore....

Helping his best friend confess to someone they loved...
while he's just right there, standing.... helping him because he doesn't want to disappoint him.... he doesn't want his best friend to hate him... no...

Tears running down his cheeks, tears making his vision blurry, he just keeps running and running endlessly.

Running and running around to reach someone so close.... yet so far...
And now... they're unable to be reached..
They're already taken by someone whose closer than him....

"Yun- yun! You must promise me! That when we grow up, you must ask my hand for marriage!"
"But... we're both boys?"
"*sigh* Who cares! As long as we love each other we can marry each other and be together forever!"
"Uh... yea... I promise Xingqiu."
"*smiling brightly* Then! To make us remember this promise and never forget it, here!"
"What's this? Isn't this the ring you would win in the arcades--- aoow!"
"No it's not! It's our engagement ring."
"*sweat dropped* whatever you say..."

"Chongyun!"

*car tires screeching*

"----un? Yun, wake up! Chongyun please..."
"Xing...qiu..."
"Yun! H-hold on Xiangling's calling the ambulance! Hang in there buddy..."
Chongyun smiled, reaching out to the face of his beloved.
"I... I'm sorry.... I won't be able to... k-keep our promise..." Forcing out a small smile, Chongyun tried to hold Xingqiu's hands tighly.
"Wha--what promise? N-not now Chongyun! We gotta get you to the hospital---"
Chongyun reach out for Xingqiu's face once again, and with the energy he had left, he lifted his body and kissed him...
Xingqiu stood there, surprised and confused. His heart rate getting faster and faster as seconds pass.
Can't tell if it's because the ambulance isn't arriving yet and Chongyun might pass away any second now, or the fact that he and Chongyun are kissing each other.

Chongyun fell back, a slight chuckle escaped his lips,
"I know... I can't be with you anymore..." taking a glimpse at his best friends lover who'se anxiously calling for the ambulance,
"....so.. I hope.... you would be h-happy... with her.." Chongyun smiled, carressing his beloved's face.
"Yun... I--"
"I... I love you... Xingqiu... w-will you... please accept... my proposal... even though... we can't be together...?" Chongyun reach something from his pocket and gave it to Xingqiu.

Xingqiu's eyes started getting blurry, tears forming and slowly falling down his cheeks,
"Ch-chongyun... I... I'm so sorry.... I--I can't keep our promise..."
Chongyun nodded with a sad smile on his face,
"Xingqiu... will you.... accept my proposal...?"
Xingqiu tries his best to smile, looking at the face of his best friend...
"I... I do..." Chongyun smiled, and slowly inserted the ring into Xingqiu's finger.
Looking back one last time at his beloved,
"I love you... Xingqiu..."
Chongyun smiled, eyes slowly closing.

Xingqiu rested his head at his Chongyun's own, tears dripping down to his face....

"I love you too... Chongyun..... I---I promise.... to marry you, once you come back... and... this time.... I'll make sure to keep it...."

'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'

JUDGE: What do we say when we made someone cry dear author?

ME:.......... woopsies?

READERS: WoOpSIeS?!

ME: I just wanna try making an angst ok! It's for research purposes! Also I may or may not have been listening to a break up song while thinking of a oneshot... hehe

Sooooooo...... Did I make u guys cry?

Anywayssss!!! That is all for this oneshot,  I hope you guys loved it :D

P.s. Can you guys send me a picture of u crying? If u did cry? Thanks! It's for um..... research.... purposes :D bye bye~