Part 12

"Have you tried some turkey yet Gabe?" Eden said as she finished her meal of shredded turkey meat with strawberry toast and some buttered rice.

"Yeah, I had a piece. It was good."

"Glad you enjoyed it as soon as I get better we'll have a proper Thanksgiving dinner with all of the good stuff including mashed potatoes and gravy. Papa makes the best mashed potatoes and gravy in the entire world."

"I look forward to it Eden." Her parents and godparents had left to tidy up the kitchen leaving the Archangel to have some time alone with her but he could tell that she was getting tired and was in need of rest.

"You need to sleep Eden."

"But you haven't said what you're thankful for, come on its tradition! Everyone else shared, even me!"

She was right. Crowley and Aziraphale were of course thankful that they had their daughter back home with them and that she was getting stronger by the day. Shadwell and Tracey said something similar to that effect and once that was over with the four of them left to tidy the kitchen....

"Remember, I said that I was thankful that I was back home and that I was safe with my parents and that I love my new puppy, even though Papa keeps her cooped up in their bedroom, and I even said that I was thankful for you."

It took a couple of moments before Gabriel could think of an answer, "I'm thankful for you, Eden."

"Aw, that's sweet." Eden giggled as Gabriel kissed her on the cheek. Gabriel then got up to leave. "Where are ya going?"

"I'm going to get that puppy of yours, and then I want you to rest. Deal?"

The Archangel felt his corporation's heart melt when Eden smiled. "Deal." Gabriel rushed to Aziraphale and Crowley's bedroom where the black and white puppy, Star, was waiting. Hopefully she wouldn't get too excited like last time.....

The End.