Chapter 88 The shortest path (3)

Start from the beginning

For example, between two videos of the same length, one is set against a complex and detailed 3D image, the other is just set against a white screen; the second video can be compressed to the limit, but the first video cannot, because the amount of information contained in these two videos are different. If you insist on compressing it to a small size, you can only sacrifice the quality of the video—this is called lossy compression.

Applying this theory into cultivation, the simpler the moves, the more spiritual power can be packed in; the more complex the moves, that is, with more complicated tricks and changes, the smaller the spiritual power it can carry!

Lin Xun's compressed sword Qi and the current attack of the prop master were exactly the opposite extremes. Lin Xun did not hesitate to activate an algorithm in his programming interface, and then turned on the compressed sword Qi. The long sword in his hand quickly touched the prop master's wrist holding the sharp knife, because of this, the prop master couldn't hold the knife anymore. When the sharp knife fell to the ground, the prop master was slammed backwards by Chang Ji, and was caught by Bihai Fairy. The streamer in her hand was flying, it seemed soft, but in fact it was tough and sufficient, and the prop master was tied down in a short while.

Chang Ji, "What was that move just now?"

Lin Xun smiled, "I'll tell you after we get out."

Another fifteen minutes passed.

Xiaoyao Zi said, "I've searched every corner, there is no crack."

Lin Xun frowned and watched the movement of the devils on the Star Array. "The devils are still flowing out continuously. If the crack is not here, it must be very close. Caixia Zhenjun, please open the iron gate on the right side."

They had already cleared the entire underground area. At present, there was only an inconspicuous iron gate that had not been explored, but no devils poured out from that direction.

Caixia Zhenjun used a long blade and slammed the iron gate with the back of the blade. The gate broke three seconds later and was pushed open with a creak.

There was a cold bluish white light in the door, and when it was opened, a mist of water escaped, and the cold wind even passed Lin Xun. It seemed that the inside was the "cold cellar" that the prop master mentioned.

Caixia Zhenjun stepped in, and while checking the situation, she said, "It's all ice, there are no other devils, but there is another freezer. Suan-er, can I open it?"

Lin Xun looked at the Star Array and said, "Just be prepared."

There was a dull pushing sound. Three seconds later, Caixia Zhenjun's slightly hesitant voice came. "There are still body parts, but I think they are real...Bihai, come here—"

Lin Xun quickly said, "Protect Zhenjun!"

This was a prejudgment. If the frozen thing in the cold cellar was not fake, that meant they were the corpse of a real person, which was the source of resentment in the entire space!

The cultivators near the door immediately rushed into the room.

The next moment, they heard Caixia Zhenjun scream suddenly, followed by the sound of fighting, the muffled sounds were terrifying. 

The Star Array quickly recognized the new devil, and a turquoise shadow appeared on the corresponding spot, with six arms of different sizes; its head covered with tumors, and countless dismembered corpses attached to its body.

After five minutes of fighting, there was the sound of a devil crashing to the ground. They dragged the ugly corpse out, and the space was immediately filled with a stench of rotten eggs and decaying flesh.

Although it was very uncomfortable, Lin Xun breathed a sigh of relief. Fortunately, his prejudgment was timely, none of them were seriously injured, and Caixia Zhenjun had only been frightened.

But a new problem appeared.

Huo Qingshan obviously discovered this problem too, and said, "There are no traces of cracks inside."

Shenji Zhenjun said, "Impossible. According to the positioning of the Star Array, the crack is here. There is only this basement with strong devilish energy. We should continue to look for it."

Several of them continued to search in the cold cellar while discussing.

Lin Xun's brows frowned, and he analyzed all the information he knew in his mind.

"The location is correct. The location of the crack is in this small building. The crack only appears underground, so it should be in the basement of this small building. There are suspicious things that might be human corpses in the basement, which meets the conditions for the birth of devils. The basement indeed has a steady stream of devils, which happens only where there are cracks.

"In short, the crack must be here.

"But why can't we find it? Is it in the cement? In the soil? Or in a deeper place?

"A deeper place...."

According to the system prompts and mission description, "People who came to Xicheng District always feel depressed.

"People who came to Xicheng...."

He had a sudden realization; it rumbled like a thunder in his mind, and his whole body felt cold!

"Luo, project the subway map. Hurry!"