"I don't think I can go.." You huffed defeated. By now your hair was all over the place, it looked like a bird had tried to build a nest in it. You still didn't wear any shoes and the makeup of your right eye was not even close to matching the one on the left.

Your best friend raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm not going alone." She then deadpanned.

"But I–"

"You just need a little help." Hanas eyes shortly stopped on your hair before they went back to your face. "And I think I can help you with that." She smiled as she pushed past you and then pulled you with her into the bathroom.

­

"Why are you so nervous?" She asked as she noticed you playing with your fingers continuously.

"I'm not nervous.." You mumbled as you watched Hana through the mirror fixing your hair.

Hana clicked her tongue, clearly not believing you.

A defeated sigh left your lips. "Okay.. It's because of the party.." You admitted. But that was a lie.

You knew exactly why you were so nervous. It was because of Namjoon.

You didn't want to admit it to yourself but you also couldn't deny the butterflies that kept appearing in your stomach whenever you thought about him or just were near him. You tried to push that feeling away so many times, but nothing seemed to work. Not even the talk Hana and you had about him. You remembered that talk very clearly.

Her words that day were harsh but true, so you could not even be mad at her. You were actually thankful and wanted to agree with what she stated but your feelings just wouldn't let you. And you turning into jelly every time you stepped near Namjoon was not really helping.

You deserved to have fun as well, you deserved to enjoy yourself. But why did feelings always have to get involved?

You needed to try harder, to not get attached, and to make yourself wanted. You didn't want to be some puppet on a string, a toy, or just a distraction that would be drop as soon as Namjoon lost his interest in you. You needed him to want you, you needed to play hard to get as well!

Stop turning into that little helpless girl around him, be a strong and independent woman.

"Wow, what are you thinking about?" Hanas voice suddenly interrupted you.

You blinked a few times confused before you remembered where you were and looked back at Hanas reflection through the mirror.

"What's wrong with this determined facial expression?" she started to laugh.

"Nothing, I just made a decision."

"A decision?" She asked curious with an raised eyebrow but then put her hands on your shoulders. "Well, tell me on the way, we need to go. Your hair is done, makeup fixed and I highly suggest you to wear these as well." She held up a black pair of shoes.

"What would I do without you, Hana?" You said with sparkling eyes as you eyed yourself in the mirror.

"Probably crying yourself to sleep alone at night?" She grinned

"Wow.. I– That was a rhetorical question.." You deadpanned, rolling your eyes at her and quickly putting on your shoes.

Hana squished you into a hug. "I know."

***

Walking up to the party residence, Hana linked arms with you. "This will be a fun night, I just know it." She said, smiling to herself.