Chapter 20

Garoche froze; his body collapsed to the ground, indicating that Din Dijarin had won the duel. Ahsoka nodded and signaled for him and Sabine to move.

She brought her lightsaber back with the force and the three of them ran off towards the ship. No one seems to be coming after the Gran Mauf; no tie fighters or Storm Troopers were in pursuit.

"Uh...is your ship even flyable?" Sabine asked, looking at The Razor Crest, which looked like it was falling apart.

"It shouldn't be too damaged; we just need to get to the next star system is all." Din said, feeling defensive about it. Sure it looked like it might fall apart if someone even breathed on it but he felt like it could fly to a different star system at least.

"I think it'll fly." Ahsoka said as they boarded his ship. Din sat in the drivers seat, trying to get everything online. It took a few minutes to get the ship running the sounds of tie fighters off in the distance.

It took several agonizing minutes until the ship finally woke up, engines sputtering to life. I'm definitely going to need to stop at the next system. Din Dijarin thought as he began to raise the ship into the air.

The Razor Crest lurched forward a bit, the engine sputtering smoke as The Mandalorian raised it higher. Come on, damn it! The Mandalorian saw tie fighters getting ever closer

The ship finally took off, leveling out in the air. The trio just barley escaped, the tie fighters shooting at them.

Sabine whooped when they finally made out of the planets atmosphere and into space.

                                                                          ....
Once Ahsoka, Sabine and the Mandalorian were far away from Corescaunt Din Dijarin new the Razor Crest wouldn't last too long until it needed repairs.

"Do you know where the closest free star system would be from here?" Din Dijarin asked, finally having a moment alone with Ahsoka in the cockpit. Sabine had gone to rest, her body still not recovered from being in prison for so long.

Ahsoka crossed her arms, thinking. "Jakku would be the best option; I think it's the closest planet we can stop and make repairs at." She said, as if she had a mental map of the Galaxy in her head.

Din nodded, even though Ahsoka couldn't see. "Then Jakku it is." He said, preparing the hyper drive. Once they were in hyperspace, the Mandalorian felt an awkward silence fall between them.

Ahsoka starred out the front window, the blue hue of hyperspace surrounding them. "So...about before...?" Din Dijarin asked, a weird feeling in his chest.

Ahsoka turned to him, a smile on her face. "What about before?" The ex-Jedi asked. "Well, I don't know much about relationship, but-." Ahsoka chuckled.
"I don't either Mando; I'm still learning myself." She said, smirking. He chuckled awkwardly. She put a hand on his.

"If you're willing...we could try this relationship thing?" She asked. Din Dijarin smiled, even though she couldn't see it.

"I'll think about it." He said.

                                                                       ....
The Razor Crest barely made it to Jakku, tumbling out of the sky as smoke spewed at it. The trio jerked around inside the cockpit as they made a rough landing just outside some sort of outpost.

"Another happy landing." Ahsoka muttered as she rubbed her jaw. "I feel like my limbs are going to fall off." Sabine replied as they all gained their bearings . The Mandalorian shook himself, his joints on fire from all the jostling around in the ship.

"Since we don't know much about this area, I think Sabine and I should scout out the area. You should stay on the ship; just in case." He said in hopefully the nicest voice he could muster.

While Ahsoka stayed behind on the ship, Din Dijarin and Sabine headed into the little outpost. It was a half days walk away, but nothing really happened while they were on they're journey there.

This little outpost was a bit chaotic; street venders tried to sell them things every five minutes and stalls were almost smashed together.

One stall owner pointed them in the direction of the local mechanic, a young human man with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Sabine did most of the bargaining, since she said she was the least intimidating one.

The Mandalorian didn't disagree since he barely took his Mandalorian helmet off. The young man and his girlfriend said they would help them with the Razor Crest, but it would take a few days.

Din Dijarin was willing to pay whatever he needed to get them out of this stet system before the Corescaunt Storm Troopers caught up with them for killing their Gran Mauf.

Once they made arrangements with the mechanics, Din Dijarin and Sabine headed back towards the ship. They relayed everything to Ahsoka, telling her about the planet. It didn't seem to be fully inhabited or "civilized"; there where a lot of wild places yet to be discovered.

However there was one more trading post not far from the one they'd crashed near. But otherwise it seems like a pretty unconquered planet.

While they waited for the mechanics, the trio took their time to rest, taking the opportunity to relax.  A day later, Mando lead the mechanic and his girlfriend toward the Razor Crest for them to work on it.

While the two repaired the ship, Ahsoka and Din Dijarin watched the suns setting on the dessert planet.

                                                                    ....

It took a few days for the mechanics to fully fix Din Dijarins ship, which the Mandalorian hadn't minded; it had been nice to lay low for a while and not have the remains of the Empire or whoever they where coming after them.

As the mechanics finished their job, Din Dijarin clasped the mans hand in thanks. "I'm glad we landed here; I think you've done more then most mechanics I've run into." The Mandalorian said, strange saying a compliment for once.

The young man chuckled. "No problem! I've been fixing ships and other junk for as long as I can remember." He said and the mans girlfriend slung her arm around the mans arm.

"May the force be with you." The young man said.  "And you." The Mandalorian said, getting used to the saying. They parted ways and Sabine called down to him.

"Hey, Mando! We're ready to go when you are!" She shouted. The Mandalorian turned and headed up the familiar platform, entering his ship like it was almost brand new.

Ahsoka stood in the hallway, leaning against the wall. "Where to next, Din?" She asked. He still wasn't used to her calling him by his name, but he still appreciated it.

He passed her with a smile under his Mandalorian helmet and sat in the pilot seat, Sabine joining him in the co-pilot seat.

Din Dijarin looked at Ahsoka, then Sabine.

"Mandalor." He said and lifted into the sky, then hit the hyperdrive.

                               To Be Continued...?