Chapter 14

Din Dijarin stumbled with Sabines arm slung around his shoulder. Despite her weakened state, they'd been able to get pretty far, the Jedi Temple looking like a spire in the distance.

I hope Ahsoka has gotten out by now. The Mandalorian thought as he heard the sounds of explosions and ships taking off into the air.

Damn it! There going to hunt us down. He thought as he prevent Sabine from stumbling again. "Sorry for being a deadweight; they don't have the best cuisine in Solitary." She said,  her voice raw.

"Once we get to my ship I'll see what provisions I have left." Din said, hoping that would keep her spirits up.

Suddenly laser blast exploded a few feet away from them. Looking up, the Mandalorian saw a squad of Tie Fighters coming from the Jedi Temple. The Mandalorian sighed. I got a bad feeling about this.

He thought. Din kneeled for a second. "Get on my back; we need to run." He commanded his tone urgent. Sabine raised an eyebrow at him but did as she was told, knowing she couldn't run on such low energy.

Now that she was on her back, Din ran, not looking to see how close the Tie Fighters were. That didn't matter as much as getting to a safe building to duck into.

The Mandalorian ran for one building but was blocked by laser blasts. He tried another but was cut off again. Looking up he realized they where trapped.

Four tie fighters surrounded them in the midnight sky, the stars blurred by light pollution. "Surrender! You are surrounded!" A voice shouted through some sort of device.

Din looked left and right trying to find some way out of this. He heard the sound of lasers warming up as if they were going to incinerate them right then and there.

Where is Ahsoka? The Mandalorian wondered, reaching for his blaster even though he knew it wasn't going to do anything.

He heard the lasers fire but after he winced, he didn't feel anything. Opening his eyes he saw what or who had blocked the lasers.

Ahsoka.

She had her hands held up, the lasers looked like they where frozen in time. Din Dijarins eyes widened at the sight. He'd never seen anything like that with the force.

How powerful is Ahsoka? He wondered as Ahsoka sent the lasers flying back at the Tie Fighters, causing them to explode.

"Let's go!" Ahsoka said, waving her arm forward, not, even breaking a sweat. Din Dijarin was still surprised by Ahsokas prowess.

He and Sabine nodded and he took off with Ahsoka, Sabine still riding on his back. The Tie fighters were completely destroyed, parts fallen on the ground.

"Are there any places to hide until things calm down?" The Mandalorian asked, feeling like he had to shout.

For a couple of minutes Ahsoka didn't answer as if in thought. "Not through here! If we can just make it a bit further, I can try to find a place." She said, her voice raised over the sirens and sounds of chaos.

Mandalorian fallowed Ahsoka through rubble and dust, dodging tie fighter patrols left and right, staying hidden in the night.

They weaved in and out, dodging search lights, possible traps and squads of troopers. Din wondered where Ahsoka was taking them, since he could still see the Jedi Temple in the distance.

"I think I have an idea on where we're going." Sabine whispered as they made their way to their destination. The Mandalorian didn't respond, just continued trying to keep up with Ahsoka.

They turned a corner and Din skitted to a halt.

It was a giant whole in the ground. "What is this?" Din asked as he approached Ahsoka and let Sabine off of his back.

"This used to be called 1313. It's the lowest level of Corescaunt." Ahsoka said, a sad note to her voice. The Mandalorian raised an eyebrow. I wonder what happened here. He thought.

"The ties and Storm Troopers don't bother with this area since it's so run down. I don't know if anyone's still here but we can hope." She said, the sadness spreading to her eyes.

The Mandalorian noticed that the sadness in her eyes made her seem older than she actually was and he was tempted to wipe away any tears would possibly fall. But none came and they moved closer towards the whole.

"Uh...snips? How am I going to get down there?" Sabine asked, eyebrow raised. Ahsoka crossed her arms and put her finger to her chin like Din had seen her do once or twice before like it was an old habit.

"I can take a turn carrying you if your still unstable." Ahsoka offered. Sabine crossed her arms but almost lost her balance in the process. The Mandalorian and ex-Jedi caught her by the arms.

"I guess I see your point." Sabine muttered giving in. Ahsoka smirked and picked Sabine up in her arms. "You can relax for a bit Mando. I'll take her from here." She said. Mandalorian nodded in thanks then remembered he had his helmet on.

"Thanks." Din muttered. Then Ahsoka approached the edge of 1313 looked over her shoulder at Din Dijarin and promptly jumped into the depths of Coroscaunt. The Mandalorian looked over the edge as she fell, taking him aback and making his heart race.

The Mandalorian built up his courage and jumped in after her into an unknown abyss.