Chapter 15

Din felt strange falling into a pit of pitch blackness, not knowing where he was going to land or how. Suddenly a light flickered, illuminating a platform a few feet down, where Ahsoka had already landed.

The platform suddenly rushed to him and he felt like he was going to crash into it but Ahsoka reached her hand out and caught him with the force, setting him down gently.

"What is this place?" Din Dijarin asked, dusting himself off. He couldn't wait to get back into his Mandalorian armor soon (which he'd hidden away.) and not have to wear the stingy Storm Trooper uniform for much longer.

Ahsoka made a dramatic sweep with her hand as two human women came from an entrance somewhere.

"The Corescaunt Rebellion." She introduced as the two women approached their little group. Din raised an eyebrow. I don't think two people counts for a 'rebellion'.

"Don't worry, there are more than just two of us." The taller woman said, crossing her arms in a suspicious manner.

"Mandalorian, this is Rafa and Trace." Ahsoka introduced getting it out of the way. "Mando, this is Rafa and Trace." She said, smiling at them. Din realized among this group, he was the youngest person there.

Rafa and Trace didn't have grey in their hair necessarily, but they weren't as young as they used to be. "You're a Mandalorian?" Trace asked, excitement in her voice. She approached Din and stuck out her hand.

The Mandalorian took it and they shook hands, but Rafa stood back, skepticism in her eyes. "How have you guys survived here for so long." Din Dijarin asked as Trace let his hand go.

"Is it a good idea to bring him into our base?" Rafa asked Ahsoka, even though Sabine was a Mandalorian. Ahsoka glanced at Sabine. She shrugged.

"I trust him. He literally just rescued us." She said, giving Rafa a look. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Fine. But I'm keeping my eye on you." She said, glaring at the Mandalorian. Din glanced at Sabine and Ahsoka.

"She's not very good with new people." Ahsoka commented as the group fallowed Rafa and Trace into their "base of operations."

It wasn't terribly big but there where two groups of other people talking or hovering over something. A little twi'lik girl was among them and turned around and ran over to Rafa.

"Hey, mom!" She said, hugging the older of the obvious sisters. The Mandalorian was impressed with their little community they had built up. Despite the chaos of the skies up above with the Tie Fighter squads, it was like a whole other world down here.

"I was only gone for a few seconds!" Rafa laughed and picked up her daughter and placed her on her hip.

"Hey aunt Trace, aunt Ahsoka." The twi'lik girl said, smiling. Then saw the new comers and looked confused.

"How long are you all staying?" Trace asked. Din Dijarin glanced at Ahsoka and shrugged, deciding to let her decide. Ahsoka looked up. "Well, at least until this whole thing calms down. So maybe a few days." Ahsoka said, gesturing up.

"Yeah. We were out scavenging when the Jedi Temple went nuts." Trace said glancing at Rafa. "Right sis?" She said. Rafa turned and nodded, focused on her daughter.

"Sorry about that." Sabine said as they got the Mandalorian woman a chair to sit in. Trace raised an eyebrow. "What're you sorry for? You got rescued!" She said, clapping her on the back.

"Well, you all are welcome to stay for as long as you want." Trace said, glancing at all of them. "We can get you some places to stay. It'll just take a bit." Trace said and went to talk to a Twi'lik man who resembled Rafas daughter to a t.

Sabine looked between Ahsoka and Din Dijarin exhaustion in her eyes. "Thank you all for going through the trouble of saving me. I understand why Ahsoka would but I'm not sure about you still." She said leaning back and looking the Mandalorian up and down.

"I wanted some back up." Ahsoka explained. Sabine nodded and looked like she was struggling to stay awake.

"I also need your help with a mission I would like you to be a part of...if your willing to discuss it later." Din Dijarin said, crossing his arms.

"After unrest a bit for sure." Sabine replied  and then Rafa and her husband approached. "We have some spare rooms but they're in the floor below if that's alright." The male twi'lik said warmth in his expression.

"Since the fall of the Jedi Temple most of 1313 is abandoned. Some people have stayed though." Rafa explained, adjusting her daughter on her hip. Ahsoka nodded in agreement.The group talked about who would get what space and how everything would be distributed until they were ready to leave.

Din was still rather surprised that people have survived here since the fall of the Jedi. There weren't as many people as before but he'd assumed Corescaunt had been decimated, since no one really talked about the City Planet throughout the Galaxy anymore.

Trace lead Din and Ahsoka to the second floor below them and there where whole spots that where empty. Ahsokas expression turned a bit sad at the emptiness of 1313.

"There used to be so many people." She muttered. Trace nodded. "Yeah. I miss the liveliness of it, but you know..." She said,gesturing upward. Ahsoka nodded.

"It's a lot more chaotic now." Ahsoka said. Din looked between the two women watching their discussion.

"Um...thank you for letting us stay here." Din interjected letting them know he was still there. The two women looked at him. Trace smiled.

"It's no big deal. Sorry about my sister though; she's a bit rough around the edges." She said. Din Dijarin shrugged. "I understand her I think." He said.

Once he, Ahsoka and Sabine got settled, the Mandalorian decided to he'd talk to Sabine about Mandalore.