Chapter 6

It was later in the night when Din Dijarin made it to the first floor of cells to start looking for Sabine Wren. Ahsoka described what she looked like so he wouldn't have to worry about that.

He was walking down the halls looking at the faces of the prisoners, some staring back at him angrily others completely in their own world. He couldn't blame them though; he was wearing a Storm Trooper uniform.

He asked one or two prisoners if they'd heard of Sabine Wren. He got some information from one prisoner who said he thought there was a prisoner with that name on the fourth floor.

Din sighed. This might take a while. He thought since he was going to have to go back soon as to not cause suspicion. But once he cleared the first floor- with no sign of Sabine Wren- he decided it could possibly be safe enough to check the second.

He was after all a low ranking Storm Trooper at the moment. Din Dijarin got into the elevator and headed to the second floor. This one seemed a bit more rowdy than the first, prisoners yelling at the guards or to each other in conversation.

Maybe they'll be a bit more helpful. Din thought eyeing the troopers guarding the entrance.
"Do you have clearance for this area?" The soldier asked him. Din showed him his ID and they let him through.

The Mandalorian approached some prisoners who seemed willing to talk but not others. He figured some of them just wanted some other company other than their fellow prisoners. Five of six cells down he came to one with a woman slanted against a wall, her arms crossed.

She looked like she could take him in a fight....or best him in one for that matter. This woman had short hair and a blue stripe in it.

"You here for an interrogation, trooper?" She asked as Din approached. The Mandalorian was taken aback at her tone but he should've been used to it since being with Ahsoka for so long.

"Just asking about a certain prisoner." He said, hoping this woman would give him something. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why don't you ask your fellow troopers ?" She asked. Din sighed. That was going to be his last resort but it might be moving up the list of his priorities.

"Eventually." He said, wondering if she was the best person to start asking about other prisoners.

"What kinda information do you want?" The woman asked, still leaning against her cell wall. Din Dijarin hesitated for a second feeling like this was too easy.

He approached her cell more closely, hoping he didn't look too suspicious.

"I'm...planning a prison break." Din whispered, this woman wasn't crazy enough to yell it out loud or alert him to the other troopers.

The woman seemed like she didn't want to try to be surprised but her eyes widened slightly.

"Are you insane? I'm assuming your not a Storm Trooper either." The woman said, realizing Din was in a disguise. The Mandalorian would've nodded but it was a bit difficult to nod.

"Yes. I'm...not part of a resistance or anything though." He said.

"So...who're you looking for?" The woman asked getting right to the point.

"Right."  Din said."I'm looking for a prisoner who's supposedly here by the name of Sabine Wren?" He said, his tone a question.

The woman's eyes widened even more. "I have heard some things. She's definitely here. She was on this very floor...a few weeks ago." The woman said, talking fast, but in a whisper.

Then Mandalorian heard footsteps down the hall. "We'll talk later. I'm Sloan." She said and fell to the ground suddenly as if punched. Then Din caught on to what she was doing.