Part 5

Addie POV

As I walk to school, the breeze nearly blows me off my feet. I smile to myself, wishing I could lie down in a meadow and feel the graceful wind. When I arrive at the school, I am immediately greeted by one of the school's jocks-Chad. But I wouldn't say it was just "greeted."

"Yo slut, wanna go out with me?" he sneers, slurring as if he's drunk.

"Uh- NO!" I shout, speed-walking away.

"No! Wait! I need you," he says with stupid puppy eyes. He tries to act innocent, but I know he's slept with every girl in the school. Almost every girl.

I only run faster, pushing up my glasses, and trying to keep myself from tripping. Because he's faster than me, I hide in the girl's bathroom. But that plan fails.

"Oh Jesse!" I hear a girl squeal from inside a stall.

"I love you," some dude mumbles. Oh God. I nearly fall over, rushing out of the restroom.

"Jesse and Annika again?" a teacher asks nonchalantly. I recognize him as one of the sophomore English teachers, but I don't know his name, as I just transferred to this school last year.

"Um, yeah. I guess."

"I'll get the janitor...!" some student with a backwards cap shouts, as if this was a normal thing.

"Hey, Sugar Cube," one of the male species says. I turn around to see Chad. What the hell?

"First of all, what kind of nickname is Sugar Cube? It's not even cute! Second, why do you keep following me around? Freak," I say, rolling my eyes.

"I thought some botch like you would want to have a piece of this," he says, gesturing to himself. This guy is insufferable!

"Don't you have a girl friend or something?" I ask. As I say this, he lets out a tired sigh.

"I knew if I wanted to ask you out I wouldn't be able to do it without dropping the act," he says normally.
The hell? Is this guy bipolar?! He is, like, kind of nice right now when just a few seconds ago he was calling me a "botch."
"My girlfriend and I are breaking up and I thought since this is senior year I might as well be real and ask out my crush..." he says, whispering "my crush" quietly.

"What idiot told you that you would be better off acting like a douche your whole high school experience?" I ask. This guy wasn't so bad when he is not some dumbass jock.

"Heh. My dad was the most popular kid in his school and I wanted to follow in his footsteps..." Wow. This poor kid is just kind of depressing.

"Alright, I'll go on a date with you," I reply. Maybe it's out of pity or maybe it's because he's attractive, but I say yes.

Man, I'm going to regret this...