Chapter Ten

I sat in the passenger seat holding back the sobs that choked me. My knees were pulled into my chest, the metal chilling me more. With much trouble from me Ronnie held my hand tightly and gave a good squeeze now and then. He tried to cheer me up multiple times but to no avail.

"Is that the guy who took your virginity?" He asked out of the blue making my heart leap to my throat. Instead of answering him I stood silent and let my head fall softly on my knees. "Oh." He said quietly, "and you're still friends with him? Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head, "he's always been there for me. Except now I guess."

"I see."

***

I had fallen asleep in the car only 20 minutes after that conversation. Apparently the place he was taking me was fairly far away which gave me enough time to get over the whole Josh thing and calm down a little. I was woken up by Ronnie shaking my shoulder a bit. I smiled up at him as I registered my surroundings which was pitch black except for the headlights on the car and millions of stars in the sky above us.

I took Ronnie's hand and let him help me out of the seat as I stared up at the stars I never knew we're there. I've always lived in the city so stars didn't visit there. I looked at Ronnie with and open mouth and he smiled at me. I finally noticed the only noise around us besides the soft music coming from the car was the sound of lapping water and assumed we were on a beach since I couldn't really feel the sand.

"Where are we?" I said as I started to wander towards the sound of the water.

"We're at a small private beach a little past Malibu." He said and followed closely behind my. "I come here to watch the planes take off when I'm stressed." As almost on cue a large plane from not even a mile away lifted of the ground and soared above us fairly close to the ground, maybe a few hundred feet. I threw my arms out the the side and twirled around in the wind the plane left behind for us. I caught Ronnie staring at me with a smile and sparkly eyes. Suddenly he reached and grabbed my waist pulling me close and landing a quick kiss on my lips before pulling away, "can you get your legs wet?"

I nodded in a daze, the same on every time I feel when he touches me. He released me and started to pull off his shirt. I smacked his hands away and with a smile pulled it off for him, "that's my job." I saw his eyes widen but he did his part and pulled off my shirt. To my surprise I didn't feel shy at all about just wearing a bra in front of him. With Josh I was insecure.

I dropped to my knees and pulled at his jeans butting without breaking eye contact and biting my lip the whole time.

It wasn't long until he just wore his boxers. In turn he pulled off my pants and tossed them into a pile before scooping me up in his arms and hurrying to the water.

He put me back on the ground as his feet reached the beginning of the tide. "Let's do this every year, okay? A tradition one would call it."

I smiled at the thought he wanted me to be around long enough the do something every year, "Let's do it." He took my hand and squeezed it with a smile and we ran into the water.

To be honest I was nervous, I didn't tell Ronnie but I've never even seen the ocean in real life never mind swim in it in the middle of the night. But I sucked it up and ran in hand in hand with the man of my dreams.

We swam out until Ronnie could barely touch the sand and had to support me because it was physically impossible for me to swim. He pulled me close to him and looked down at me. All I could think is this is chick flick gold. Anyone would pass out from this experience, lucky me I didn't miss a moment.

I heard another plane in the distance and Ronnie pulled my into a passionate kiss as it passed above us. The wind blew our went hair all over each other making me giggle and smile against his wet lips. I tasted the salt from the water on his mouth but kept kissing. He held my upper thigh protective and respectfully. I'd never met anyone who totally ignore the fact that I didn't have legs never mind look at me like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world.

He moved his hands and held the back of my head with one hand and my butt with the other making sure I didn't pull from him but finally he pulled away, "Piper-" he started to say but we heard sirens wail in the distance. Our heads shot up to see a cop car parked next to Ronnie's truck. The lights were on and one of the police men was inspected our clothes and the other was shining a flashlight in our direction and waving us to the shore. I looked to him with wide eyes and my mouth in the shape of an o.

He dropped his head on mine nd whispered, "shit."