1} Happy We're Not Dead

I had been standing for hours on end

I had been standing for hours on end. The award ceremony was over in under an hour but Apollo's 'Happy We're Not Dead' party was in full swing. The Throne Room was decorated in gold and white streamers with a crystal chandelier posing as a refined disco ball. Spiked punch was going around to everyone. Glasses were being mixed constantly to the point that Ares and Enyo got into a fight over who's red cup was theirs. The food was all blue to pay tribute to the Great Perseus Jackson, Prince of the Sea. They even had blue cookies for the first 5 minutes before they all were stolen. They would have made more but the only person who can make them taste good was Sally, Mother of Perseus. The body's swung to the upbeat music The Muses were playing with Apollo as a head singer. Despite what you would think he sounds like due to his inability to write a poem, one of his actual domains, he sounded heavenly. All and all it seemed like a good party disregarding the war that had just ended. 

Sighing, I take a step outside. The stars were twinkling in the night sky reminding me of Zoë and all the other lost ones. 

No matter where I go and what I do. There will always be destruction and chaos. I was always the scapegoat. They use me to fix all the problems they find in the world. Force a child to do their dirty work and act as if it's normal. They use their own children. I guess it was about time that it would catch up to them but why did I need to save them yet lose everything for people who don't even care about me. Why are the Fates so cruel.

I take a seat at the bench outside of Poseidon's Palace. Wow, life is depressing. 

First Annabeth leaves me for Goddess-hood saying she has been cheating on me with Ares. Ares of all people! Then the Seven all become deity's. Due to ancient laws, they can no longer contact me. Thirdly Sally and Paul moved to Australia, saying that they wanted to get away from the Gods. They left without telling me. The only reason I found out was because I went home before coming here, thinking of seeing mom after 10 months. 

I glance up from my inner monologue to see Aphrodite sitting next to me with a glare on her face. 

"Perseus Jackson. You had a job to do but you severely failed. I lost 3 kids in the Titan War, but I also lost Drew in the Giant War. Can you tell me why this is? No! Well not only did you manage to get Hephaestus to divorce me. Not only did you kill half of my pawns. You took away my boyfriend. You failed to keep Annabeth entertained and she took my boyfriend." She said calmly, only losing it when she said my boyfriend.

She pulls out a pocket mirror from her bra and quickly fixes her makeup before speaking again.

"As punishment for your incompetence, I, Aphrodite, sent Perseus Jackson on the quest of a lifetime. You must bring back all the dead from both wars without help."

"What?"

"You heard what I just said Perseus!" Aphrodite spat. "You have till midnight tonight to start."

"Of course, Lady Aphrodite," I spoke sadly. While I might not like my life at the moment, I didn't want to die. I just made it to eighteen. 

With that, she flashes away.

"Here I go again."

I went back to the underworld

I went all the way back down to the underworld. Why you may ask. I'll tell you why. A revengeful goddess. Aphrodite 'asked' me to free the lost soldiers from the wars from Hades realm.

My plan was simple. Sneak into the underworld. Check. Dip into the river Styx while wearing the Neiman Lion. Check. Storm the Underworld. Check, I think...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were running. Me, Luke, Selina, Beckendorf, Ethan, Clarrisse, Pheobe, Zoë, Bianca, Celyn, Naomi, Lee, Michel, Caster, Drew, Halcyon, Kinzie, and a few tag alongs. Hades and his Fury's were chasing us.

"Run!" I shout.

"I've got this," I say with an air of confidence.

"Percy, we won't leave you!" Lee Fletcher said.

"Like Hades you won't. Run!" I say a final time. This time, reluctantly they listening.

I turn around to my doom.

"Hello Uncle, how are you today?" I ask.

"I was doing fine until you ruined my domain. So I ask this of you because this does not seem like your type of destruction. Why?"

"Why not?" I ask before pausing. "Truth be told, Aphrodite got pissed about her life and I took the blame. She sent me down here to free her pawns and you know the price of going against an Olympian. I'm truly sorry that it has come down to this uncle but I must complete my quest." I answer. I quickly turn around and see that my friends had escaped.

"Ahhh. That's why you're here. Well, I always liked you but this means that for my honor I must kill you. I'm sorry nephew. I promise on the river Styx that I'll let you live in Elysian."

I smile a bittersweet smile. Uncle Hades was always one of my favorite family members only before Hestia and Poseidon. 

"Thank you, uncle. I will miss you." I say, nodding my head to say I was ready to get this over with.

Instead of grabbing his sword his aura starts rising to the point I fell onto my knees and was gasping for air. Then I saw black.

"Naturally," I say