Chapter 11- B Route

(Technically Chapter 1)

Jennifer's POV—

I was making my way to my First period. As I walked down these hallways, I noticed everyone staring at me. Though I've never been in an actual battle, I had the feeling I'm going to partake in one eventually. I never understood why they all focused on the High rankers. Kyran's going through the same thing for sure. He even gets called Demon Eyes sometimes.

I looked forward and began thinking. 'This is all getting a bit too ridiculous.'

I lowered my head down. 'Well, I do have hope so I just... have to never give up!'

I entered my classroom and sat down. I took out my laptop and began reading my book in the meantime.

I stopped and noticed I was the first one here. No one was here, It was deserted.

My head began to hurt and i held it, rubbing it.

Suddenly, I saw a vision.

"Hey, My name is Kyran, I'm a level 10.0 so you better not get in my fucking way." Kyran said, looking down at my direction.

It went away and i huffed. 'It's probably Melissa again. She always messes with people sometimes.'

I notice Kyran enter the room. His hair seemed more organized. I waved towards him. "It seems your not late this time, hm?" I said with a smug look.

"It looks like I'm not. Good thing I promised THAT to Melissa!" He pulled the chair next to me and sat down.

I froze. 'What's with him and Melissa?!'

'No, I shouldn't be thinking like this, It's probably nothing like always.' I exhaled.

When the bell rang again, The class was now in session and full.

"Okay class, Today we will be learning about Abilities! But today, We're specifically talking about the rarest one of them all. It's called Vortex. It really twists your thinking." The teacher collected his thoughts as he continued the lecture.

"Hey teacher, Can't we learn about anything else?" Kyran said, getting all gloomy.

The teacher stopped in his tracks. "Huh? Why is that?"

"I have every ability in the world. It's... boring." Kyran tried to get the right word out.

I raised an eyebrow. 'It's been a while since I last heard him say that word.'

"Hey teacher, Teach me about a death ability so I can kill myself already." He said nonchalantly.

I got up from my seat and slammed my hands on the table. "WHA—?!"

Kyran laughed. "Haha, I'm just kidding around. You should have seen the look on your face though."

I fumed with embarrassment and hit the back of his head with my notebook.

A girl got up and yelled at both of us. "CAN YOU BOTH JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY?! THIS ISN'T SOME FUCKING PLAYGROUND! IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO LEARN THEN GET THE HELL OUT YOU SHITHEADS!"

Kyran's expression darkened. "I don't appreciate you calling my friend here a shithead."

His eyes glowed red.

I panicked and grabbed him. "Hey, Hey no! Calm down now, please?"

He looked at me then deactivated his ability. "I guess I should..."

"Thank you!" I smiled.

His face turned red a bit and he began doing his work.

Kyran was talking to the person beside him. He was having a pretty normal conversation.

I listened in.

"But he wasn't really as mean as I thought he was! Honestly, I think he deserved better because in the books he's depicted as a more cruel person but if you get the classified files, You'd see he was being used as a puppet!" He said to the other person.

Kyran? Talking about history work? Impossible.

The guy replied. "Yeah i feel like it depends on interpretation. Jeez the point of view really helped us this time around. The other novel showed us a guy who was merciless."

A girl in front of both of them tuned into the conversation. "You two do realize he still did bad things right?"

Kyran laughed. "Nah, It was against his will. He was forced to do the things he did. I feel like... If he kept going, He would have abandoned the role of a leader and went some place else without a clue of where he had gone to."

"You have a point Kyran..." The girl shrugged. "What about Novel #2? The one with the guy that's hopeless and gave up on everything?"

Kyran replied to her but I didn't hear what he had said. I stopped listening in.

The teacher hollered out. "Kyran, You seem to be tired... You get bored pretty often, don't you think?"

Kyran replied back. "Yes, I believe i do."

The bell rang exactly after that and Kyran got up quickly. "Well then, I'm off!"

I stopped him from moving by grabbing his shirt. "Wait, Can you wait for me?"

"Sure..." He replied quietly.

I grabbed my things and walked out into the hallway with him. "Alright Kyran, Don't get into any trouble today, got it?"

"Yeah, Got it." He was looking at his phone while saying that.

I let him off. "Okay, I'll see you later then!" I waved goodbye and walked towards my next class.

End Of Chapter 11 - B Route.
(Chapter 1B)