The Woman in Distress: Part 1

Start from the beginning

You and Ryuusuke watched Midori place the bouquet down on the spot where she killed herself and prayed for her soul. "Yes. This is definitely the spot. So she really was Midori's aunt."

"Maybe you should pray." You looked down as Midori talked to you. You and Ryuusuke nodded as you both prayed with her. 

"I still haven't told Midori the truth. About how it's my fault her aunt killed herself here eight years ago." Ryuusuke thought before he heard someone cry out, you and he turned around to meet with a woman in a white skirt and blouse."What the... she scared me. I thought it was her..." Ryuusuke thought as you and Midori turned both of your heads as well. 

The woman spoke up. "Say... would you hear me out? I'm seeking a crossroads fortune. Tell me the answer to my problems." You three kept silent as the woman explained her problem. "You see, I'm in love. I'm in love with this man. But... It's a forbidden love. After all, he has a wife and children... but, well... but there's a baby inside of me." 

You noticed Ryuusuke sweatdropped again, just like when Midori's aunt was mentioned. "His baby... Aah, I want to have it. But my boyfriend! He told me to get rid of it!" Your hand went to his to calm him down, he didn't realize it but his grip on you got much tighter. "So... you three... what do you think I should do?"

"AAAHHH!" Suddenly, he ran away from the woman and Midori, pulling you along with him. 

"Wha- Ryuusuke!" You exclaimed quickly, he then suddenly stopped on his track as he realized that he was far away from them now. "Why did you do that?!"

"She said the same thing as Midori's aunt. Too creepy to be a coincidence... she was even standing in exactly the same place." You heard him mumbling under his breath. His hand let go of you as he took a breather.

"Feeling deja vu?" You said. 

He silenced before he began to think about the woman. "Who is she? It can't be... did the spirit of Midori's aunt possess her?" 

You started to grow worried as he began to panic, you pulled him to you and rubbed his back and his head slowly and gently. "You need to calm down first, Ryuusuke. Maybe it's a coincidence. She might have the same issue as her. It's not like they're the only one who has that problem."

Ryuusuke's eyes widened as he didn't think about that, you were right. Midori's aunt wouldn't be the only person with a problem like that. He nodded slowly as he hugged you back by wrapping his arms around your waist. "Thanks, (Y/N). That helps me a lot."

You hummed as you both hugged each other, unbeknownst to you, someone's eyes glared at you with slight anger and jealousy in the mist. 

"𝙏𝙘𝙝." The Crossroads Boy said before he disappeared inside the mist.

.

.

.

~Time skip~

The sound of a bell rang loudly, meaning it was break time now. You walked to Ryuusuke's desk as he noticed you coming. "Hey, Ryuusuke. How's the weekend?"

"I'm fine, thanks." He said. 

"How about you, (Y/N)?" You looked down to the ground, he quickly realized that it must be a bad one for you. 

"What's wrong? Is it not okay?" 

You rubbed the back of your head as you replied. "The crossroads boy bothered me every time. Even when I wasn't alone, he kept doing that."