Chapter 12: The Lich, A Haunted Mansion, and the Living Doll.

Start from the beginning

Both you and Jack introduced as Wiz nodded in acknowledgment.

Wiz: Well, it's nice to meet you too.

-Small Time Skip-

Aqua was sitting by the table pouting.

Aqua: Do you not even serve tea at this shop?

Wiz: Oh, I-I'm sorry! I'll bring some for you right away!

She ran into the backroom and some crashing noises can be heard.

Kazuma: I see she hasn't changed.

(Y/N): Say, when did you meet her though? Also, Jack and I heard Aqua calling her a 'Lich'.

Kazuma: Ah yes. She may look like an ordinary, but she's actually a lich. She's a ruler of the undead, also known as the "No-Life King." Although Wiz is a lich, she's a kind girl. Every night, she'd send spirits wandering the graveyard home to Heaven. Through various circumstances, we took up that job in her stead and ended up letting her go, but...

Jack: So she sends spirits to Heaven? That sounds kinda familiar...

Jack says as you and Kazuma remembered the scene of Jeanne putting Jack and their souls to rest. 

Wiz then puts a cup of tea on the table.

Wiz: H-Here you go.

Aqua took a sip of the tea and her eyes widened.

Aqua: (It's delicious) You set up a shop even though you're undead, and you prepare warm tea even though you're an undead...

Wiz: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. The likes of me shouldn't live in such luxury!

She was bowing her head in front of Aqua, then Kazuma pointed his finger at Aqua and said.

Kazuma: Stop acting like a spiteful sister-in-law. *Looks at Wiz*. Wiz, I have some spare points saved up. Could you teach me a skill?

Aqua spitted tea on Kazuma and stood up.

Aqua: Hey! What are you thinking, Kazuma?! I can't possibly overlook a Goddess's attendant learning a lich's skills!

Kazuma: Who're you calling an attendant?!

Aqua then puts her arm over Wiz and pointed at her.

Aqua: Listen. Liches love gloomy, dismal places. The whole lot of them are basically related to slugs!

Wiz: Th-That's terrible!

Kazuma: But people normally can't learn lich skills, right? I was thinking it could be a great asset in battle if I could learn a skill like that.

(Y/N): I bet he could do.

Wiz: Um...Did she say "a goddess's attendant" earlier?

Aqua: That's right. I am Aqua. Yes, the Goddess Aqua, worshiped by the Religious Order of Axis. Renounce yourself, Lich!

Wiz screamed in fear and backed off.

(Y/N): Easy now, Wiz. Just calm down. There's nothing to be afraid of.

You said trying to reassure her.

Wiz: No, it's...There are lots of crazy people in the Axis sect, and it's common knowledge that it's best not to get involved with them, so when I heard that she's the head Goddess of the Axis sect.

That's when you hear Wiz say at the 'Crazy' part, which made you curious. You were about to ask Wiz, but Aqua got pissed off with tears in her eyes.