21

Ymir sneaked into the darker and deeper sides of the tower while the others rested. Some time has passed now and she wanted to see what was around to drink. She didn't care if the others were against drinking at a time like this, she was craving it. She jumped slightly at the sound of the door to the storage room opening, and looked up to see Reiner standing over her.

She smirked, no a least bit urked at being caught. She held the small candle resting on the plate carefully, observing the muscular male. He frowned down at her. "Ymir, what are you doing?"

Her lips curled up in a sly smirk. "Oh it's you Reiner, what, sneaking up on girls with dirty intentions at night?"

"What a shocker, I didn't think I looked like a guy who was interested on women, oh and by the way...you don't look like a girl who's interested in guys either." He replied with a small smile of his own. The comment surprised Ymir. She would never think Reiner would have been gay. He was too manly, Armin looked like a better candidate for the title.

"Oh really...Iv'e been searching for something to fill up my stomach, it does seem like this will be our last dinner so..." She wasn't completely lying. She was hungry as well.

Reiner stayed silent for a while, then sighed. "About Connie's village, you did all you could to drop the subject didn't you...I want you to keep it up, so that he wouldn't need to worry about his family."

Ymir frowned, she hated being relied on, so she acted nonchalant. "huh? What are ya talkin about? Oh here's something." She held up a can. "This will do, although I can't say i'm all that fond of herring."

Reiner let out a small chuckle." Here let me take a look at it."

ymir hesitated, eyes widening slightly, before handing the can to him. Reiner observed the item, tilting it around slightly. "Canned food eh? wait...what are these characters? I can't read them at all, do they say herring? You sure can read them with no problem huh Ymir..." Reiner's face had gone dark, Ymir froze. They stared at each other in realization, until someone shouted, breaking the silence.

"Everyone wake up, get to the roof this instance!" They broke into a run outside the closet and rushed to the middle of the tower, where everyone was at. They made their way up the spiraling stairs until they got to the top, the blasting night wind caressed their faces as they stood at the peak of the tower, staring down at the titans below them. They were so many...they had no chance to escape at this rate.

The blonde squad leader trembled. "The moon finally emerged from the clouds...that's when I saw them." She breathed out in fear.

"But how?!" Reiner muttered in shock. "How can they still move? It's been a few hours after sunset."

Christa shuddered, face contorted in confusion. "What is going on..." She spoke out slowly.

Connie interrupted her." Look over there! It's huge, just what is that?" They followed the direction his finger was pointing in and stared. It was a titan covered in fur...the ape, with long arms and legs, and the height of a seventeen meter class. "A titan? But it looks more like a beast, right?" Connie turned to glance at Reiner and frowned at the strange expression the blonde wore. He turned his attention back to the ape titan. "It's heading towards the wall..." they could hear it's retreating footsteps as it moved.