9

The air was cold as we made our way to the running titan. My hair swept wildly around, the sun kissed sky was darkening with each jump we made using the gear. I could hear the gas escaping from my back, making me fly faster. How much gas did I have? It didn't matter. Falling was not my fear. I could easily catch myself and take to the trees. I stored chakra in my fists. If this giant thing could regenerate, I wouldn't be able to take it down simply by punching it. However, I could knock it down to get to its neck. It was the only thing I could think of to make it remove its hand from it, she was protecting it at all costs. We got close enough to it now. The titan lifted its hand to smack us away, I lowered myself to avoid it. She was fast, I was almost thrown off balance in midair. Petra and Oluo shot their wires into her face and pulled themselves towards it.

"Take this!" Petra shouted. They spun elegantly, shoving their blades into the titan's eyes. I was stunned at their skill. They were good. The female titan halted and put both her hands over her neck. She was blinded. Both her eyes were no longer a crystal clear blue, she had them closed as red blood oozed from them.

"Shit! Her damn hands are in the way!" Oluo snarled. I moved over her and shot my wires into her cheek. Pulling myself in, I used the velocity as a boost for my chakra enhanced blow. My fist connected with her cheek and with a crunching boom, she stumbled backwards and fell on her butt with her back to a tree. I cursed under my breath. Now her neck was being protected by her hands and a tree, this was harder than I thought.

"What the hell?!" Oluo swore as he stood on a nearby branch. He had his mouth wide open. "Hey! How did you do that?!" He shouted waving his sword wildly. Petra joined him in his confusion. I grinned at them.

"I have special fairy dust that can make my wish come true if I sprinkle it on myself, and I just happened to wish for super inhuman strength." They deadpanned.

"Are you for real?!" Oluo stated with his mouth hanging open. My smile withered. Perhaps this wasn't a good time for jokes.

"Sakura…please be serious, how did you do that?" Petra asked with wide eyes. I shifted nervously.

"I can explain later, but right now we need to open her neck before she regenerates!" I yelled, pointing at the cornered titan.

"I knew something was up with you…you're not off the hook girl! Expect to be questioned after this!" Oluo spoke out with a suspicious glare. I didn't care, because I wasn't going to stay after this. I had to leave. Not only was I starting to get dangerously attached, but even if I told them the truth, they would never believe me. I was positive I could survive outside the walls until I found a way to return home anyway. Still, I promised Petra…could I really leave just like that?

"Enough! It's healing! Let's finish it now!" Petra hollered. We turned to the titan, whos eyes were emitting steam.

"Crap, let's go!" We jumped off the branch and sped towards her body. I took out my handle and withdrew a blade.