4

Felix and I had finally gotten ready for the night out. I was all ready to go and have a fun night out. I was excited to go out with Felix for once, and for a good reason. We were celebrating him finally getting a job. For several years now, he had been unemployed, living off of his parents and me, but now he wasn't going to have to do that any longer. He would be able to come up with his own expenses. I didn't mind paying for things for Felix, but life would be so much easier once he finally got hired and got a steady paycheck. 

"Are you ready?" Felix called from the bathroom. He was making sure his makeup looked absolutely perfect, which I thought it did, but he was a perfectionist. 

"Yes, just waiting for you," I called back as I sat down on the sofa, waiting for him to finish. 

We decided on me staying sober for the night, just so that I'd be able to drive us home. I didn't mind it since I wasn't too big on drinking a lot anyways. I wanted to be able to watch over Felix while he was having fun so that at least one of us could be smart. Well, smarter than the other. 

He finally came out of the bathroom with a smile. "Do you like it?" He asked, showcasing his face. 

I got up to walk over to him to examine the makeup that he spent the last thirty minutes perfecting. He closed his eyes, and I saw that he had put on a light layer of foundation with a very generous amount of blush on his cheeks. It was adorable. His eyes were smoked out with a cool brown shade blended into a shimmery gold shade toward his tear ducts. I noticed that he also applied a light red lip tint. 

"You look so beautiful," I smiled, adoring the makeup he did. 

"Thank you! I wanted it to be perfect," he explained, his eyes now open. He looked at me for a second before placing his hands on my cheeks and pulling me in. 

I was in shock but kissed him back. I wasn't going to deny any physical contact with him. 

He pulled away and began to speak. "Okay, I'm ready to go."

"Alright. Put your shoes on. Let's go," I stated, starting toward the door. I grabbed the car keys from the rack hanging on the wall, watching him bounce on one leg, trying to pull his shoe over his foot. "You can sit, you know?" I laughed. 

"I... I can do it!" He groaned as he finally got the shoe on. "Now, the other one."

"Sit down and put it on."

"But it's more fun this way," he pouted. When I didn't respond, he moved to the couch and sat to put the other shoe on. "I'm ready." He rolled his eyes as he stood up, walking over to me and the door. 

I opened it with my right hand, bowing and bending my left arm over my torso. "After you, my love."

"You're so dumb," he laughed as he walked out into the hall. I followed behind him and locked the door. 

***

We walked in after showing our I.D.s to the bouncer in front of the building. I was following behind Felix, letting him lead me to wherever it was he wanted to go. Of course, I knew the path he was making when he started walking to the right side of the building—the bar.

We sat down on stools next to each other. The bartender, whom we knew since we'd been here quite frequently before, walked over to us once he was finished serving another customer.

"What can I get for you two? Wait, let me guess," he paused and pointed at Felix. "Strawberry daiquiri. And..." he looked over to me. "You're driving, aren't you?"