28. He knows.

Diane's pov

"I still can't believe I lost my locket" I lamented to Jade as we walked down the hallways of Everett's college that Monday morning.

I had used the rest of Saturday and the whole of Sunday going through my apartment and Jade's house, but I knew deep down where it was.

I didn't want to believe that I had misplaced it in Ryan's house, but I didn't have any choice now,

"When last did you see the necklace?" Jade asked typing away on her phone as always. I sometimes wondered what she was doing,

"Friday before we went to the party",

"Then that means it could be in Ryan's house",

"Maybe but how can we go through his house without he finding out that I am Diane",

"No need to worry about that" she said looking up from her phone and I perked up at that,

"What do you mean?" I asked and she leaned in to whisper,

"I have a key to Ryan's house and we could go there after lectures today when he isn't around, if it makes you uncomfortable to search when he is around",

"Oh my!, Thanks" I said relieved.

I know it is way beyond ridiculous that I'm keeping the fact that I'm Diane away from Ryan, but I can't help but feel nervous about my attraction to him, and I'm happy that Jade wasn't asking questions.

We took a turn that would take us upstairs to the lecture room where we would be having mathematics, a subject I detested but had no choice than to do.

We got to the lecture room and walked in to find it filled so we moved to the middle row quickly and took a seat while waiting for the lecturer to come in.

She did minutes later and started the lectures which had me zoning out in a few minutes.

I thought about various things ranging from being the band dancer to liking Ryan to him being my best friend from years ago and I got startled when the door opened.

   I watched...more like the whole class watched as Selene waltzed in in ripped blue jeans and a while longsleeved crop top. She wore a matching sneakers of white and had a few jewelries on her.

    I found myself turning in the direction where Ryan sat to see his reaction and......he wasn't even looking. I immediately turned back just as the class settled and the lecturer continued whatever equation she was solving.

The academic lectures soon finished and it was time for dance lessons. I and jade walked into the dance room and found it filled as usual so we took a place by the corner while stretching out.

    Mr West, the hip-hop dance teacher walked in and started addressing us,

   "We practiced the popping and locking dance last week and we would be practicing the breakdance this week",

"It is a broad dance with various moves and it would be spread out through your years in this college",

"We would start with a breakdance called sixsteps. It is technical but quite easy to pick up but before we go on to that, each of you would come out to show me the popping and locking dance in order to ensure no one is left behind",

And like that we came out one after the other dancing the popping and locking dance. Some got it right while some were still awkward. Selene got it on her first try and didn't hide being smug about it.

I came out to dance mine and was satisfied with the appreciative nod from Mr West which Jade also got. I was proud of the fact that she got the dance right after teaching her.

Mr West went on to the sixsteps dance, "for this dance, you're to put your arm on the floor while moving your legs in a circle. It is basic and important for breakdancing",

    He demonstrated the move to us and directed us to come out one after the other as the dance needed space and Selene volunteered first.

    She got on one arm and started spinning her legs in a circular move which looked graceful even to me. By the time she finished, the class erupted into cheers and she smiled sweetly.

    "So, who can demonstrate this dance as well as Selene here has done for us" Mr West asked and without thinking I put up my hands,

    Everyone turned to look at me, making me almost regret my decision but I straightened my back and came forward.

     I knew how to dance the dance to an extent and wanted to prove that someone else could do as well as Selene did. So I got on one arm and started spinning my legs round in a circular motion.

    I finished to a round of applause from everyone and a wide smile appeared on my face but immediately died when I sighted Selene glaring at me.

    I ignored it and went back to my position while others came forward and did what they could.

    Two hours later, the dance lessons was done and we dispersed out of the room. I and Jade went down the stairs and was about taking a turn when a voice stopped us,

     "Jade!"

    We turned to see Selene approaching us and when she got to our side, "hey, where's Ryan?",

    I saw Jade hesitate but her eyes suddenly lit up, "he should be in the music room" she answered and without another word Selene turned and left,

     "Why did you tell her where he is knowing he wouldn't like her company?",

      "I told her so that we can have time to check Ryan's house" she replied and my face lit up too,

     "Hmm, nice idea".

     We left the college in Jade's car but instead of heading to either of our houses, she headed straight to Ryan's house and upon getting there, entered into the gates.

    She parked in front of the house and we came down before going on to the door and unlocking it with the key Jade possessed.

    It was now tidied and didn't look like a party was held there two days ago.

    I was also able to take in the masculine design of the house which fitted his personality. The walls were painted a nice gray and the black couches seemed to blend.

    Not to talk of the black curtains and bright lights when Jade turned them on.

    Without wasting time, I led her into the kitchen where we searched the cabinets, floor and counter.

    When we didn't find it, we moved to the sitting room, where we searched under the couches and tables.

    I was in the middle of searching the corners of the sitting room when the door suddenly opened, making both me and Jade to freeze.

     Ryan also got startled when he sighted us and the next question that came out of his mouth was expected, "what are you guys doing?",

    Jade looked at me and i shook my head slightly, "uhmm, we were just looking for something" she answered him and Ryan brought something out from his pockets,

     "Looking for this" he said holding up my locket.

                      *****

     I hope you enjoyed this chapter?