Ch-20 Succumbed

Depuis le début

And like clock work at 8pm a car came down my apartment

And like clock work at 8pm a car came down my apartment. I went down taking the purse in my hand.

I kept my phone back at my room. I had a huge fight with Henry this morning. And I was not in mood to talk to him at the moment.

Hey! Don't judge me. I am human too.

It was not my fault. I called Henry to talk to him. Maybe mend us. But he had a mood of his own. He started shouting that I interrupted him between work. And this work excuse is going on for months now. But, I knew his schedule. It was his day off. And how I am ungrateful for all he does. Which means calling Nina to keep me in check. Yes, It was romantic one once but now, he treats me like a child. Constantly on supervision. I questioned , where did the fun loving Henry go? He was so sweet and caring towards me, now he can see nothing but his work.

Whatever I don't wanna get into this at the moment.

Nina and Luke were having their date. So I didn't disturb them.

I came out the apartment. Marcus open to the car door for me. "Thank you, but I can do it on my own you know."

"If I let that happen then, I wouldn't be a gentleman will I?" He laughed.

"Are you now?" I raised a eye brown taunting him. My eyes scanned him too. He wore a white T-shirt and a leather jeans accompanied by black denims. Just handsome as ever.

He got in the divers seat beside me. "I should say Violetta, you never let me breath. "

"What you mean?" He started the engine of his farari.

"Your attire got me breathless again." He complimented.

I rolled my eyes. "Your so honey- mouthed Marcus."

"Only for you. " he smirked. "I do like it that your wore my gift."

I glanced at bracelets he gave me. "Well, I couldn't just throw it away..." it's millions of dollars worth, and I liked it too.

Within minutes we reached the restaurant. It was beautiful cozy yet luxurious place. The place was made of glass. He owns this?! Wow!

He opened the entry door for me," after you."

The place was empty.

We sat down and ordered food. The server poured us red wine. Our table was beautifully arranged. How come on other guest are there?

I gave up and asked him," Marcus, where are other people?"

"I booked the whole place for the evening. I didn't like anyone disturb my time with you," my mouth opened wide.

"You booked the whole place?!"

"My tiger, I own the restaurant. I can do whatever I want." He have one of his seductive smirk. His phone rang. He looked at it agitated He ended the call.

I dug my face in the glass, sipping wine to white my blush. "I thought your bodyguard might be joining us." Noticing we were alone. His men were not here to hover. Not even Vincent?

Our food came. "Salmon for the lady accompanied with tiramisu." The server kept the plates.

"I am impressed but, all these things are not gonna make me fall for you." I said to him.

"Let me correct you. Your already fallen. I am just helping you to understand your feelings better." He said taking a sip of his drink.

"Your confident... or just cocky."

He smiled. "Both." His phone rang again. He cut the call.

"I still don't understand Marcus..."

"What is it your afraid of Violetta?"

"Your mysterious, and dangerous. We are so different from each other. I don't know how is ending up together be safe?"

"It's never safe, we together are fireworks and cosmic war. That's how much we crave each other."

His phone buzzed again. He put in silent and kept it inside his jacket. "You know you can pick it up, "

"I am not gone waste any moment in a phone call when you sitting next to me ... dressed so divine."

I blushed hearing his response," how do you always speak like that?! Don't you get embarrassed?"

He chuckled," Again, Violetta. Only when I am with you I am like this. You bring out a side to me I thought was long dead." His face became serious.

I could tell his memories of past haunts him till date.

I cleared my throat. "Do you know I have a boyfriend? "

"And..?" He said it like it didn't mattered.

"And Henry is my first love... everything first!" I took a bite of my desert. "So you know—" I couldn't finish the sentence as his lips were on mine and his tongue sharing my desert.

He didn't gave me any warning.

His hands went deeper in my hair, making it messy. I was trying to push him off but it was fútiles, his strong arms didn't let me surrender nor escaped. I was breathless now.

At last he separate from me.

"Marcus! You gotta stop stealing kisses from me!" I protested.

"I told you Violetta, I don't like hearing another Man's name from those lips when your with me."

"Your serious!" Asked him dumbfounded.

"Yes."

I tried to calm myself down and cool my hot burning cheeks. "Your really incorrigible Marcus."

"I take it as a compliment." He looked deep in my eyes,". As far as it goes for him being you first... I want to be your last. In everything." Again his words captivated me.

He kept his glass down and walked upto me giving me his hand," care to dance?"

I didn't even gave him any reply and he swept me off my feet. The musicians took noticed and started to play melody.

We danced to the melody. I forgot all my worries and fight with Henry. He always manages to put me in a trance. I kept my head in his shoulders.

"Violetta stop struggling and surrender to me. Let me steal you. Take you far away from the world. Somewhere just us two. Lost in paradise..."

"Marcus I...."

He looked into my eyes. "I have fallen for you Violetta, head over heels. "He took my hand and put it on top his hard chest. "See this... it keeps spending up when I am with you. I can't control it nor myself. " he paused. "Be truthful and don't think of anything just close your eyes and tell me who do you see."

I didn't argue and did what he asked. I closed my eyes and the thought that consumed me those eyes. The captivating blue eyes. His face. Marcus."

I opened my eyes. "Who is it?" He asked.

My heart ran a marathon. All i could think was him. All my heart ran and skipped a beat for was him. My body craved undeniable was him. Is wrong, didn't matter. Henry? I don't know anything... can't think anything. Only thing I knew that I fell for the devil infront of me.

Did I just fall in love?

I succumbed... to his world.

"Marcus ... I—" I was going to speak when, the bullets showered from windows breaking the glass. I screamed and Marcus took me in his arms covering me from the broken glass.

What the hell happened?!