"Anderson's?" I asked.

Sherlock looked over and smiled deviously at me before taking the few steps up to the front door.

"You can't just walk in, Sherlock," I whispered.

"Why not? No cars in the driveway," he said, playing with the lock on the door. He got it open in less than a minute.

Sherlock did not hesitate for a moment before he stepped into the dark house. One the other hand, I waited for a minute to see if everything was okay, then I followed him.

"Sherlock?" I called, quietly but loud enough.

"Down here!" I heard him called. I followed the sound of his voice to the basement.

He was standing over the water filter, pouring the bottle of dye into it.

"Oh, you bad boy," I commented.

"Wouldn't you like to find out," he smirked, looking behind his shoulder so he could see me. Sherlock had always made perverted comments like this. I forgot about this side of him.

"Alright, hurry up and finish before someone comes home," I rushed him.

"Relax, John, we've got plenty of time," he waved me off.

Then I heard the door slam upstairs.

"Oh really?" I whispered. Sherlock flung the top back on the filter and grabbed my hand. He quietly stepped up the stairs.

At the top step, he suddenly stopped, causing me to almost run into him. He put his fingers to his lips signaling for me to be quiet. I wouldn't have dreamed of making a sound.

Sherlock opened the door a crack and looked out. I couldn't see what was going on, but I could hear a voice - no two voices. A man and a woman. Anderson and Donovan.

"Sally, don't worry, my wife has no clue," Anderson said.

"You're sure she's away for all of this week?" Sally asked him.

"Yes I promise," he said," Now I'm going to shower. You can either join me or not."

I almost gagged. This was too gross. I heard Sally laugh. One pair of footsteps walked away. A minute later, the other, the one in high heels, followed.

Sherlock waited for one more minute before he opened the door and stepped out, pulling me behind him. We rushed out the front door just in time to hear the water.

We ran two blocks without looking back. Once we were a safe distance away, we sat and leaned against someone's fence, breaking into fits of laughter.

"Imagine them both showing up to work like that tomorrow," I laughed.

"That was the point," Sherlock was even able to sound smarter than me when he was laughing.

"How'd you know Donovan would be over?" I asked.

"Didn't. That was a bonus," he smiled, trying to ease his breathing and calming himself down.

"That was brilliant," I said. "And one of the best times I've had in ages."

"Come, John," Sherlock said standing up. "I have something else I want to do with you."

He held out his hand to help me up.

Sherlock decided that we were walking. I don't think it was a smart idea on his part. A lot of people recognized us. None of them knew that we were together yet. That news wouldn't come out until tomorrow's news print.

Nobody bothered us, but there was pointing and people whispering things like "He's alive! It's true!"

We finally got where we were going.

"Why are we back at the flat?" I asked. "I thought you wanted to do something."

"I do. I'm going to teach you to dance," Sherlock informed me.

"Why?"

"Do you really need a reason?" He smiled at me.

He opened the door and stepped into the flat. I followed him up the stairs.

Sherlock kept the lights turned down low as he found the music he was looking for.

It had a slow beat. I recognized it as Sherlock's favorite song, How to Disappear Completely by Radiohead.

He turned it low and slowly walked over to me. He slipped his hand around my waist and held my hand in his other.

"Rest your hand on my shoulder, John," Sherlock instructed me. I did as he said as Sherlock pulled me closer.

We swayed to the beat. The song picked up a bit and Sherlock twirled me around.

"You're good," Sherlock complimented me. "You don't need my help."

"Oh sure I do," I lied so he would stay," I've got two left feet, look at me."

Sherlock laughed and rested his forehead against mine.

"I mean it when I say I love you," he told me. "I love you so much."

I wasn't sure what to say. Of course I felt the same way, but there weren't any words to express my feelings for Sherlock. I think he could read my facial expression. He dipped his head down and kissed me.

"I love you too, Sherlock. I really do," I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He let go of my hand and stroked my hair. I used my free hand to hug him closer.

We were interrupted by the sound of our door opening. I didn't want to look up. I didn't want to end this moment. I wanted to stay here, right here, forever with Sherlock.

But the person at the door didn't go away, so I looked up.

"I'm sorry, boys," Mrs. Hudson said.

Sherlock stepped away from me. "Hello, Mrs. Hudson. What do you need?"

"There's a lightbulb downstairs that's gone out. I was hoping Sherlock could change it since he's so tall," she said.

Sherlock looked at me. "I'll only be a minute."

He followers Mrs. Hudson downstairs, leaving me alone. I decided to make dinner.

When Sherlock came back, I was almost finished.

"Sorry I took a little longer. Apparently it wasn't just one lightbulb," he said.

"That's fine," I smiled. "I made dinner."

We ate together at the table for the first time ever. It was nice. It was like we were finally together seriously.

"Do you expect we'll have a case soon?" I asked.

"Why? Want to get back into the game?" Sherlock looked up from his dinner.

"Yeah. I liked solving crimes with you. Holmes and Watson, back on the streets. Fighting the bad and tormenting the good," I laughed.

Sherlock smiled. "Maybe soon, John."

After dinner, I was tired from all we had done today. I was lying on the couch reading a Stephen King book.

Sherlock came and lied next to me. He read the pages along with me. I could tell that he was reading faster than I was, but he didn't tell me to hurry up or get annoyed. When I was done reading a page I would flip it and Sherlock would start reading again.

I looked over to my side. The couch was small and we were squished together.

I closed the book, laying it down on the coffee table next to me and shifted my body so Sherlock and I were facing each other.

I took his face in my hands and kissed him.

I tried to think as he kissed me back, but my brain turned to mush in his arms. Sherlock had full control of me.

I ran my hands through his curly brown hair. It was soft and fluffy. I could feel it swish across my face.

Sherlock stopped suddenly and stood up.

"Goodnight, John," he panted and walked calmly into the bedroom.