[Chapter 15] Double Date.

Today's the day I go on the double date. I have no idea why I agreed but I guess there's no backing out now.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. I'm in my normal attire. A black tshirt and black pants with black sneakers. The edge of my tatoo peaks out. I take a deep breath, grab my jacket and go out the door. I put it on, walk into the living room and at once come to the a hault.

Marcus and Eric are there going through some paperwork. They both look up when I walk in.

"Where are you going?" Marcus asks.

"Just hanging out with Zeke." I tell him only half the plan, not sure whether to tell him the whole truth or not. He grunts and goes back to work.

But Eric has something else in mind.

He follows me out the door and then says. "Don't feel so disappointed."

"About what?" I ask turning towards him.

"About Kate thinking that you're not good enough for her." He smirks at me.

I cross my arms. "It doesn't matter." I say defensively.

"You're lying." And with this he goes back in.

Of course I was lying. I do care.

I walk to the place where we agreed to meet. Zeke is already there and I'm the second one to arrive.

"Hey!" I call out as I walk upto him.

"Ready to screw things up?" He jokes and we both end up laughing at all the possible ways I could screw up.

By the time Nicole and Shauna get here we're on the floor, leaning against opposite walls. Zeke has his head against the wall and tears glisten in his eyes as if he's crying and one of his hands is resting on his stomach.

"You look like a pregnant woman." I comment. This sends us into another fit of laughter. The sound of Shauna clearing her throat makes us sober down and look up.

They're both looking down at us and Shauna has her hands on her hips.

"Hey!" Zeke says, trying to lighten up the mood.

Shauna crouches down in front of him and spits at him. "Once you make up your mind that you want to do this date seriously, then come talk to us."

She steers Nicole around and they both walk away.

"I guess this time we both screwed up." I say after a few minutes.

"Yeah." He replies getting up and I follow pursuit.

"What do you want to do now?" He asks me when we get to the Pit.

After a few minutes we're at the Chasm with a bottle of champagne. We pooled our points to buy it. Zeke takes a long swig andd then passes it to me. I drink too. It burns my throat. I lean over the railing and look down. I can't see the bottom.

"Do you ever wonder what's down there?" I ask Zeke.

"Probably just a pile of rotting dead bodies."  He shudders.

Within a few more minutes we're both completely drunk. Zeke's singing some sort of song he just made up about girlfriend's bring stupid. I'm thinking about Kate and what it would feel like to kiss her. But Tris is also there lingering at the back of my mind.

Two pairs of feet stop in front of us and I look up to see that it's Shauna and Nicole.

"You're back." Zeke says and holds out his hands like a child who wants someone to pick them up.

"You two are drunk, aren't you?" Shauna asks.

I nod and say. "We are!" And getsure towards Zeke and myself to emphasis my point.

Shauna says something to Nicole and then turns towards us. "Get up!"

None of us moves, so she leans down and grabs Zeke's arm. She keeps tugging on to till he gives up. I don't give Nicole a chance to do that. The other two walk away and Nicole leads me to my apartment.

She's about to knock on the door but I stop her because I'm sober enough to remember all the beatings.

"You sure you'll be okay?" She asks me I nod and lean against the wall. She crosses her arms and says.

"The double date was nothing like I imagined it to be. Shauna got really worked up about you guys not being serious about it."

I laugh at the thought.

She's about to say something but I blurt out.

"I love her."

With this I leave her standing there and go straight to my room. I fall asleep the minute my head touches the pillow.