"See you !"

On her way to the receptionist desk where she usually sits, (Y/n) crosses paths with the 'goddess' blonde. The blue-eyed trainee waves her hand happily, "Hi !! Did you enjoy your day off ?"

"I think.. I kinda enjoyed yesterday..." (Y/n) trailed off, unsure about what she should say to her.

Historia then whispers, "you know, yesterday Mr. Ackerman took a day off too ! He said he had a lot of important things to take care of ! And today he's arriving earlier than usual. Weird right ?"

'Yesterday ? Important things ?? Ha,I guess him bugging for a whole day was IMPORTANT..'

"I see.." (Y/n) sweatdropped at the thought.

She was about to sit down when the telephone on the receptionist desk rang, it means the vice president is requesting his assistant's presence. Without looking back at Historia, she entered her boss' office.

"Did you call for me, Mr. Ackerman ?"

"Mhm.." Levi stops typing as he sets his eyes on her, "my study's overflowing with books. I want to dispose the ones I no longer read. Care to help me ?"

"Of course sir."

He clears his throat, "so.. when would you be free ?"

"Anytime."

Levi purses his lips before continuing to throw her more questions, "then how about tonight ?"

"Sounds good to me, sir." she smiled.

As much as the man feels happy about how she's being a sweetheart right now, he cannot just let this slide. The (Y/n) (L/n) he knows is not this easy to be asked out by her boss. Knowing her true personality, she would've glared at him or even thrown some insults. The woman in front of him is... quite the opposite of her usual self.

He takes a deep breath, "Just why.. why are you being so.. cooperative today ?" he squinted his eyes at the secretary.

"I wanted to do all I can to help you, as you have helped me so far."

"...what ?"

'What kind of sorcery is this ??!' Levi mentally screeches and pulls his hair out.

(Y/n) only smiles at him, making the man himself more confused as ever. The fact that she's suddenly so nice kinda frightens him. "Mr. Ackerman.." she called out, making the boss in front of her dumbfounded.

"What ?"

"I'm just so happy.. That we could meet again."

Levi gaped like a fish, before nodding nervously, "me too, brat.." He trailed off, deciding to just play along since he doesn't even know what (Y/n) actually meant. The smile on (Y/n)'s face widens a little upon hearing his response. After setting her eyes on Levi for about two seconds long, (Y/n) dismisses herself and exits his private office with.. happy steps. She sends him a warm and sincere smile before closing the door.

He huffs.

"We only saw each other last night.. Did she fall for me that hard to be so ecstatic about seeing me again ?"

The vice president smirks in victory as he sips his morning tea, praising himself mentally.

"I guess I'm making progress in making her fall for me."

----------------------------------------

The secretary rises from her seat as her boss gets out of the office, straightening the edge of his blazer.

"Good afternoon Mr. Ackerman," she greets, "I'm assuming you're heading for the luncheon. Your car is ready, as well as Mr. Braun."

"Since it's a private luncheon, no need to accompany me. Enjoy your lunch."

(Y/n) nods.

Levi was about to make his way to the elevator when (Y/n) realized something, "hold on ! You can't go to an important luncheon like this." she stands in front of him, doing what she usually does, "your tie's crooked, sir."

After she's done with his tie, (Y/n) glances up at him.

"I'm sorry to realize it so late."

There she goes again. Spouting nonsense, "what ?" Levi frowns, this time he cannot stand to play along since curiosity has gotten the best of him.

"I-I mean the tie, sir." she lied through her teeth.

'Does he not get what I mean..? Or perhaps.. He forgot about us on that day..?'

--------------------

'What's wrong with Ms. (L/n) today ?'

Levi works his brain hard to find out about her sudden change of behavior, 'something's definitely up..'

'It's like her affection for me has deepened by 3-fold. Was it because I did a superb job following her schedule yesterday ? Making her happy ?'

"I guess I'm indeed a perfect man for her.."